Rise Up, Zips Nation...Rise Up

UAZip0510

Can we keep this on a positive level?

Knowing the way Coach Dambrot has coached over the eyars, I am looking for some surprises when the Zips take floor this evening. I think Z and Tree will have monster games. Can't is ging to come in feeling coacky, thinking that without AA that we will be out of sync. I look at it jsut the opposite and I am sure Caoch does as well.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knowing the way Coach Dambrot has coached over the eyars, I am looking for some surprises when the Zips take floor this evening.

Agreed. He's been saying for a while that they'd be in trouble if Alex got hurt, so he has to have a contingency plan. It's a big loss at a horrible time, but it still comes down to this - if Zeke and Tree are on their games, no one in the MAC can beat them.

I would love to be a fly on the wall of the coaches office today. My guess is at some point they have already had a conversation that might have started with, "If (Insert Any Player's Name Here) broke his leg and was out for the season, what would we do?" My guess is KD and his staff knew what they were going to do within five minutes of getting the news. Now is just a matter of whether or not the players can adapt to the changing circumstances. I'm oddly confident about tonight's game.

Go Zips!

I'm oddly confident about tonight's game.

Go Zips!

Winners win, and losers lose. This group of Zips are winners. Collectively they will make up for Abreu. I firmly believe adversity is fuel for guys like Tree and Zeke. The others will feed off it.

The crowd will be the most intense the JAR has seen since Ozzy played there back in 1990. That energy will carry over to the Q next week. :rock:

I'm being told that Chauncey and Walsh are starting in the backcourt together tonight.

If it's true, I think it might be the best decision. Two seniors on the court, sharing some PG duties and providing experience. Big size on the perimeter on the defensive end. And if we get the "Good Chauncey" tonight, he could really produce and give the Zips and the crowd an emotional lift.

I'm being told that Chauncey and Walsh are starting in the backcourt together tonight.

If it's true, I think it might be the best decision. Two seniors on the court, sharing some PG duties and providing experience. Big size on the perimeter on the defensive end. And if we get the "Good Chauncey" tonight, he could really produce and give the Zips and the crowd an emotional lift.

Woo. Called that. And thats what it should be..

Sorry if my opinions on the other thread offended anyone. I LOVE THE ZIPS AND I LOVE THIS TEAM EVEN MORE NOW!!!! This is going to be a historic (EPIC) win and rally for this team.

GO ZIPS!!!!

BTW - The point spread has gone up to 9!!! I'm takin it.

Please keep this particular thread "positive." There is a separate active thread if you wish to discuss other aspects of the Abreu situation.

Thanks,

CK

Seriously how can you expect to gain members on this board if yall keep deleting people's post. This board is more strict than the beacon journal's board.

if we cant express our feelings/poi9nt of view on here than why bother posting at all? Too much of a dictatorship going on

ridiculous

..... Edit: Just looked at the stats and saw McAdams has only FIVE turnovers all season (in 329 minutes)... I really hope he at least gets a chance to handle the ball. .....

I had to look up the numbers on turnover percentage to get a feel for just how good McAdams is at maintaining possession. Reggie's current turnover percentage is 5.6, which is 5.6 turnovers per 100 team possessions during the time he's on the floor. How good is that? If he had enough playing minutes to qualify among the national stat leaders, his 5.6 rate would make him the #5 best player in the country. The bottom line is that Reggie is one of the most reliable ball handlers in college basketball.

Melo showed tonight that he is physically incapable of going from averaging 9 minutes per game to the 27 minutes he played tonight. His body just wouldn't take the long minutes. He cramped up 3 times and had to be carried back to the locker room. I don't believe that he can effectively play the point for much more than about 20 minutes per game, and he will have to play back-to-back games at the Q. Deji is not effective at PG. The Zips need to find someone who can backup Melo at the Q for up to 20 minutes per game. I think McAdams may be the best option. The Zips have a week of practice to figure it out.

I had to look up the numbers on turnover percentage to get a feel for just how good McAdams is at maintaining possession. Reggie's current turnover percentage is 5.6, which is 5.6 turnovers per 100 team possessions during the time he's on the floor. How good is that? If he had enough playing minutes to qualify among the national stat leaders, his 5.6 rate would make him the #5 best player in the country. The bottom line is that Reggie is one of the most reliable ball handlers in college basketball.

Melo showed tonight that he is physically incapable of going from averaging 9 minutes per game to the 27 minutes he played tonight. His body just wouldn't take the long minutes. He cramped up 3 times and had to be carried back to the locker room. I don't believe that he can effectively play the point for much more than about 20 minutes per game, and he will have to play back-to-back games at the Q. Deji is not effective at PG. The Zips need to find someone who can backup Melo at the Q for up to 20 minutes per game. I think McAdams may be the best option. The Zips have a week of practice to figure it out.

I am on board for Reggie for PG.

With a week to practice at a new position he could be ready to go.

One thing about Reggie is that he is a really special athlete. Was offered DIV I Quarterback scholarships. That shows a high degree of athletic ability. He could be an answer.

Seriously how can you expect to gain members on this board if yall keep deleting people's post. This board is more strict than the beacon journal's board.

if we cant express our feelings/poi9nt of view on here than why bother posting at all? Too much of a dictatorship going on

ridiculous

It isn't too difficult to understand - If this thead topic is positive, and you want to discuss negative aspects of the Abreu situation...and there is already a thread on the negative situation...then use the appropriate f*cking thread. Don't do it here.

Post on the ABJ site if you are so oppreessed here. Please. They need the hits. I could care less.

It isn't too difficult to understand - If this thead topic is positive, and you want to discuss negative aspects of the Abreu situation...and there is already a thread on the negative situation...then use the appropriate f*cking thread. Don't do it here.

Post on the ABJ site if you are so oppreessed here. Please. They need the hits. I could care less.

Oh so now you gotta resort to dropping f bombs in response. Very classy of you. Lets not sit here and act like post were not deleted in the Abreu thread too. Lets not sit here and act like there weren't repeated request in the abreu thread to keep things positive. Its a shame this website could really be something special for loyal zips fans but unfortunately the people who run are egoistic control freaks. And what i said in my deleted post was honest and not negative.

Waits for you to delete this post or drop another F Bomb.

Oh so now you gotta resort to dropping f bombs in response. Very classy of you. Lets not sit here and act like post were not deleted in the Abreu thread too. Lets not sit here and act like there weren't repeated request in the abreu thread to keep things positive. Its a shame this website could really be something special for loyal zips fans but unfortunately the people who run are egoistic control freaks. And what i said in my deleted post was honest and not negative.

Waits for you to delete this post or drop another F Bomb.

Good grief dude, do you want to pay the web hosting fees, etc. needed to run a forum? Then go ahead and do that and leave the moderators here alone. You could say whatever you wanted on your own site. It's not like anyone is making you pay to be a posting member on this site. Cripes man give it a rest.

Good grief dude, do you want to pay the web hosting fees, etc. needed to run a forum? Then go ahead and do that and leave the moderators here alone. You could say whatever you wanted on your own site. It's not like anyone is making you pay to be a posting member on this site. Cripes man give it a rest.

So you support moderators bullying everyone around dropping F Bombs but turn right around and police & sensor us for doing the same thing

Quite sad if you do

So you support moderators bullying everyone around dropping F Bombs but turn right around and police & sensor us for doing the same thing

Quite sad if you do

I can relate to your frustration...there's a lot of good and bad here. There's times I love this site and times I can't stand it.

At the end of the day though it's free for us and run by them...you have to either accept that or move on.

@UAZip0510, I think you may have set a model with this thread for what might make ZN.o a more enjoyable place for more forum members. The main thread about Rico's issue had become numbingly negative. I thought that was the only place where discussion on the subject was going on until I discovered this positive thread. I give a lot of credit to the moderators for helping keep this thread focused on the positive and directing negative comments to the other thread. I see the same thing happening when the Zips eventually lose this season. Some will want to focus on the negative and dump their unhappiness on everyone else, while others will want to celebrate what was accomplished and look forward to next season. It seems that these two concepts have difficulty coexisting in one thread.

Maybe if ZN.o had separate negative and positive threads on controversial subjects, everyone would be happier. It might even encourage more new forum members to participate in the discussions. Personally, I have no problem reading opinions that differ from mine. But I come here for enjoyable and informative discussion, not to feel like I'm visiting an asylum for the terminally depressed. Let's have more separate negative and positive threads in the future and see how it works out.