Starting QB 2015

a-zip

I tried to start a new poll for who we think will be the starting QB against Oklahoma in 2015, but can't seem to make it work. Maybe someone else can start it if you think it is worthy. Anyway, I see the QB competition as being incredibly exciting and think it will produce someone who will take us to the next level. Lots of talented new faces and incumbents that are going to have to work VERY hard to keep their spots.

Pohl - he is talented and experienced

Chapman - exciting, highly regarded recruit….I would have to think he is eager to make a splash

Woodson - had his moments, just didn't appear to be ready

Kincaide - I like this kid, excited to see what he can do - 6'5"/225!!!

Hirschmann - is he eligible? before he got hurt he looked impressive

I tried to start a new poll for who we think will be the starting QB against Oklahoma in 2015, but can't seem to make it work. Maybe someone else can start it if you think it is worthy. Anyway, I see the QB competition as being incredibly exciting and think it will produce someone who will take us to the next level. Lots of talented new faces and incumbents that are going to have to work VERY hard to keep their spots.

Pohl - he is talented and experienced

Chapman - exciting, highly regarded recruit….I would have to think he is eager to make a splash

Woodson - had his moments, just didn't appear to be ready

Kincaide - I like this kid, excited to see what he can do - 6'5"/225!!!

Hirschmann - is he eligible? before he got hurt he looked impressive

Pohl is the starter(unless he gets beat by Woodson)

Chapman and Kincade Red Shirts(barring a injury)

I thought that Hirschman graduates this year?

I don't agree that Pohl is the starter until Woodson beats him out. I think the competition for starting QB is wide open next year, and if Pohl is the starter next year...look-out for another lack-luster year on offense where we struggle to reach 6-6. If Pohl is our BEST option at QB next season, that doesn't bode well for this team next year...or into the future.

I personally would like to see Kincade, or Chapman step up to the position.

Kincade redshirted this season Lance99, same with Chapman...this was his year out due to being a transfer, and the redshirt year has been burnt as a result of that. Kincade has 4-years left, Chapman has 3, if I'm not mistaken.

Hirschman does graduate this year so he's not a consideration at all.

• Like 2

I don't agree that Pohl is the starter until Woodson beats him out. I think the competition for starting QB is wide open next year, and if Pohl is the starter next year...look-out for another lack-luster year on offense where we struggle to reach 6-6. If Pohl is our BEST option at QB next season, that doesn't bode well for this team next year...or into the future.

I personally would like to see Kincade, or Chapman step up to the position.

Kincade redshirted this season Lance99, same with Chapman...this was his year out due to being a transfer, and the redshirt year has been burnt as a result of that. Kincade has 4-years left, Chapman has 3, if I'm not mistaken.

Hirschman does graduate this year so he's not a consideration at all.

Thanks for the clarification! Was not completely sure.

Woodson doesn't look like a D1 quarterback to me. Then again, nobody on offense looked too good this year.

I'm still amazed at how our offense was in Bowden's first year compared to our last two seasons. I remember thinking it would be a juggernaut once he was able to build it with his guys. Guess the opposite has happened and it gets worse every year...

Was Dalton Williams really that good?

I'm still amazed at how our offense was in Bowden's first year compared to our last two seasons. I remember thinking it would be a juggernaut once he was able to build it with his guys. Guess the opposite has happened and it gets worse every year...

Was Dalton Williams really that good?

Williams was better suited to run the offense Bowden wanted/wants to run. Quick reads,accurate short and medium. Not a big arm though.

I would dread having to 'start over' with an inexperienced QB in 2015 after the record posted this season. Its tough to throw anybody in to the mix who has never played a MAC game and expect a lot of success. Yet it doesn't seem Bowden/Milwee and Pohl are on the same page.

IF,Bowden were to tell Pohl that the QB job was not his going in to next season the writing would be on the wall for him. What would his transfer options be? He will be a senior. Could he even transfer to another D-1 school? Would he have to drop a division or two? I am sure he would need to make a decision soon if he would be thinking about leaving.

Anybody know if Matt Hoyer is still on the roster? Name is intriguing if nothing else.

New QB,new season. As Swiper would say...'Ohhh Maaan'.

You've got to remember, Pohl was an Ianello guy, not a Bowden guy. With the exception of DW13, there weren't any Bowden QBs on the roster until this year, that would have been remotely close to playing time.

It has become abundantly clear with 2 years of watching Pohl, that he is not the right QB for a Bowden offense.

You've got to remember, Pohl was an Ianello guy, not a Bowden guy. With the exception of DW13, there weren't any Bowden QBs on the roster until this year, that would have been remotely close to playing time.

It has become abundantly clear with 2 years of watching Pohl, that he is not the right QB for a Bowden offense.

When did Pohl first enter the football program?

Mr Pohl should be weighing his options because I do believe although it may appear that he is in the "competition" I don't think he is really in the competition for the starting spot. ........

Any rumors regarding the OC move for next year ?

Thats kind of a 'duh' isn't it"? As was stated previously Bowden/Milwee and separately Pohl have not been on the same page for a while. If you have watched the sidelines and the games and observed what Bowden has done and said it seems pretty clear.

Even though Bowden should publicly accept responsibility for the performance of the offense the past two seasons at least at this point he has not publicly commited to keeping Milwee or Pohl. Make a decision that is commensurate with the head coaching position. If you think the QB is the problem,tell him and let him move on. If it is Bowden's own OC,tell him and let him move on. The program continues to suffer. How long will the new U of A prez give him?

I doubt we will see a change of OC and I don't think a change is necessary. Milwee was likely working under the guidance of Bowden and the blame that has been assigned to him here has likely been unfair. In his defense, it's hard to run a successful offense with receivers who seemed to drop more than they caught and the QB challenges that presented themselves. The season was nearly over when the O line gelled enough to run with any consistency (Sorry, I am not part of the "run no matter what" club.) Our receivers rarely had a height advantage, limiting what we were able to achieve. Pitt, obviously, came ill prepared and not prepared to stop the run. They were out-coached, and this seemed to lead many we were further along than we were. Yes, we can probably expect a better run game and balanced offense next year as the O line will have matured.

I believe we will start to turn the corner next year with more Bowden recruits on the field. I understand people are tired of waiting, but you don't overcome years of poor recruiting in 3 years.

President Scarborough is a huge football fan and likely has the good sense to not loose the best coach that could possibly be hoped for at UA. It is complete nonsense to even hint that there should be any consideration that Bowden 's job would be in any type of jeopardy. The fact that everyone was disappointed with the results last season is a testimony to the progress of the program itself.

• Like 3