Other MAC Tourney games

bUAkronG

Shame here. Toledo was up 32-17 but allowed OU to close the half on a 12-5 run to get things back in range. 

Good news is that usually you can say "well they won't shoot that well the rest of the game" under most circumstances. However Toledo is a team that could keep shooting the ball this well. Let's hope they extend the lead to start the half and get the momentum back. 

I'd personally love to see OU and UB go down tonight. 

Edit:

Didn't even realize the second half started, and of course OU goes on an 8-0 run to tie the game just over 2 minutes into the second half. :puke:

Edited by bUAkronG

I have to root for B-U..F-F..A-L..O..OH! against Can't but I can't stand the thought of listening to B-U..F-F..A-L..O..OH! and O...H...I...O fans spelling their school names ALL NIGHT LONG! I know some of you like it and wish Akron fans had similar cheers but it's like nails on a chalkboard after a while!

"WE ARE <clap, clap> KENT STATE!" on the other hand is like watching someone slap themselves silly. We can't denigrate Can't any worse than what they already do to themselves!

Go Zips! 

I dread seeing the Athens hill people milling around the Q tomorrow night.  However, Toledo was never going to make it to the final and would likely have been easily beaten by  Kent or Buffalo.  OU should put up a better fight against one of those two.  And since chalk is prevailing, looks like a cold, dark drive back to Ravenna for the Kent faithful.

I really, really dislike Buffalo and Nate Oats.  I thought i would never say this, but i'm going for Kent in this one.

Edited by NWAkron

43 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

Kent tried to give it away but Buffalo didn't want it. De la Rosa missed I think 5 free throws down the stretch. Possible karma for his flops. In any case, Kent hangs on and gets OU tomorrow. Should be an interesting final either way if we get through Ball State

I think I would rather face Kent, although Jimmy Hall was the one player this year who seemed to have Big Dog's number.

At least we will not lose to Buffalo in the Final. Again.

7 hours ago, akronzips71 said:

I think I would rather face Kent, although Jimmy Hall was the one player this year who seemed to have Big Dog's number.

I'm not going to even try to decide whether a Buffalo or Kent loss would be more devastating with our history with both teams. 

But I'm actually excited that WHEN we get to the title game, our opponent (OU or Kent) will have fans in the building that will make for a great atmosphere for a MAC Title game.  

8 hours ago, akronzips71 said:

Yes. Jealous Tired of seeing UB going on to the NCAA.

Edited by ZippyRulz