Game 6—@Buffalo Bulls

Dr Z

1 hour ago, monrowe said:

Is the O-line sturdy enough for Alex, he might be on his back a lot.Kato would be a great receiver or wildcat player keep him on the field if he’s not the qb,I wounder what the coaching staff has taken into consideration.

I think the coaches have allowed Kato to hold onto the ball too long, because he can make plays, at times. When Woody was first a starter, it was look for the first two receivers and run. Kato might benefit a little from that. Yes, it wont fix his mechanics, but might prevent some of his mistakes and he might find a rhythm easier if he is picking up yardage with his feet.

I think Ramart can do the same thing. He might not have the big yardage ability with his feet, but Ben Roethlisberger has not made a career being fast, but when he tucks it and runs, he is effective.

I do think that Buffalo is actually a favorable match-up for us and am expecting a good game.

If I made 3 changes it would be to start Wolfely over Willams, not throw to MTB and move him back to HB, and give more Carries to Deltron. 

I think you have to give Kato one more half, or at least the first quarter. 

We won't have Alvin this week and that will be a big loss for us. 

• Like 1

Watching the two scrimmages this summer it was clear why Kato was the QB of choice for the starter spot. In scrimmage #1 Kato was out of control, got briefly demoted, and Ramart came in and stole the show. 

In in the second scrimmage Kato was in control and his elite athleticism was evident. I thought “If this guy can show up every week, and continue to get better, look out MAC.”

Kato still hasn’t proven he can show up every week, and we can’t beat a decent team when he doesn’t. 

We held on to Tre Chapman at QB too long. He was a great athlete but not a D1 QB. If Kato can’t figure it out this week, we need to move on to plan B. Ramart isn’t the elite athlete that Kato is, but neither was Frye. We need someone with pocket poise, and who can hit open receivers. 

We beat Northwestern a couple weeks ago, so Buffalo doesn’t scare me. We need to play with poise and purpose and we’re fine. That starts at the QB position.

• Like 2

On 10/12/2018 at 12:03 AM, Captain Kangaroo said:

Watching the two scrimmages this summer it was clear why Kato was the QB of choice for the starter spot. In scrimmage #1 Kato was out of control, got briefly demoted, and Ramart came in and stole the show. 

In in the second scrimmage Kato was in control and his elite athleticism was evident. I thought “If this guy can show up every week, and continue to get better, look out MAC.”

Kato still hasn’t proven he can show up every week, and we can’t beat a decent team when he doesn’t. 

We held on to Tre Chapman at QB too long. He was a great athlete but not a D1 QB. If Kato can’t figure it out this week, we need to move on to plan B. Ramart isn’t the elite athlete that Kato is, but neither was Frye. We need someone with pocket poise, and who can hit open receivers. 

We beat Northwestern a couple weeks ago, so Buffalo doesn’t scare me. We need to play with poise and purpose and we’re fine. That starts at the QB position.

Not sure Chapman is a good comparison to Nelson. Chapman flat out couldn't play the position. Nelson has consistency problems but still has a lot of talent.

13 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

ABJ (GT): Bulls provide a potentially formidable foe for Zips

Great game day article!  This is the sort of game day article I love - lots of names and stats concerning the Bulls.  I now feel like I'll know what to watch for this afternoon.

But scary article; Buffalo sounds loaded.

No clue how accurate this is, but it says Marks and Johnson are questionable.

http://www.donbest.com/ncaaf/injuries/

6 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

I'd fire Milwee instantly after that 3rd down play call. 3rd and 4, you fake the pass for a massively delayed handoff that was perfectly timed to be completed once the backfield was completely full of Bulls. Ridiculous. 

That's usually how draws are supposed to work, UB defended it well

• Thanks 1