MAC Men’s Basketball - Catch-all Thread

56 minutes ago, ZIPS96 said:

OU - Kent game canceled because of OU roster issues.  It’s not good news for us if we can’t turn things around in Canada.

Regarding seeding?    I don't see how this relates to Akron.  At worst they will be playing BG or Kent in first round.  At best, play Ball State.  That entire tournament is up in the air but Toledo being heavy favorite.  There's a 48 hour deadline for

Edited by NWAkron

9 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

I don't think the baby has to be the primary reason LCJ would leave. My mom had me at 18 years old, at the end of her freshman year at YSU. She ended up with a Masters degree. He can stick around if that's what he wanted. I'm sure he has a good network of people to help out.

That said, doesn't he already have 2 Masters degrees? At some point you gotta move on.

I'd love to see him return for another final season just because he got jobbed out of an NCAA tourney appearance in 2020, and then endured a full pandemic season of empty arenas and on-line classes.  Crappy way to go out for a "rafterable" player.

Definitely. He can be successful no matter what, but I think he has a special future with overseas basketball, and there's pretty good money to be made over there. 

If he came back, I would guess that means Groce makes him a coach on his staff in future years. He's so intelligent and quite the leader. I could see him being a coach, a good coach down the line. 

14 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Miami taking it to BG in the second half.

and CMU was playing without Broadway, their top scorer, AND without their point guard.  Toledo was playing for outright. MAC. championship.  Marreon was. out of control at the end, throwing up off balanced lay ups, getting a charging foul at the mid court line.  CMU guy Huffman making some crazy 3 pointers and then fouling out.    And CMU had lost 8 straight.  It's March.

Edited by NWAkron

Hate to root for Kent but I'd much rather the Zips be on the same side of the bracket with them with Buffalo and Toledo on the other side. And if OU really is out and WMU replaces them the 3 seed is kind of important. I still believe in this team I think a lot of these issues at the end has been due to all the road games. We finish at the JAR with Miami. Miami is no slouch this year but I believe the three seed is there for the taking. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LoyalZIP said:

Were they avoiding Akron to play Toledo? If Ohio can't come to Cleveland then BG moves up to the 5, and they still have Toledo on their side of the bracket? I do believe Kent threw that game, I just can't figure out why. 

perhaps scared of UB?