MAC Men’s Basketball - Catch-all Thread

On 12/7/2020 at 1:33 PM, Blue & Gold said:

I love to hate OU; great rivalry.

I like Boals.  Not as much as Groce, but I think Boals is also a great coach.

But that's neither here nor there.  I just am extremely impressed with OU's starting lineup.

F - Ben Vander Plas: an All-MAC caliber player and potential MAC POY type of talent

F - Dwight Wilson: they just got this guy (transfer from James Madison?) and he's a stud. 6-8, 250 & can play.  He, together with Vander Plas make for the best front court in the league. (Granted, I haven't seen the Zips play yet, but these two are tough.)

W - Ben Roderick: sophomore who is coming into his own.  Basically, he single-handedly led his team to the Ohio D-1 state semi-finals his senior year.

W - Lunden McDay: STVM's McDay is actually the weakest link of their starting 5, and Lunden's a very solid all-around baller.

PG - Jason Preston: this guys is special.  I hate to say it, but I think he's going to overtake LCJ for MAC POY.

Go Zips!

I had to search for this post.  I posted this on December 7th.  We went on to smash OU during our first matchup & I figured well of course, 'cause what do I know?  Lol.  But Boals has done a great job getting OU to gel into the team that worried me back in early December.

Edited by Blue & Gold
  • Like 2