Game 4- Wheeling Univerity

clarkwgriswold

The 1-1 Wheeling Cardinals come  in to play the Zips Thursday night.  So far the Cardinals have beaten East Stroudsburg 72-70 and lost to Winston-Salem 66-65.  6-1 grad student Jordan Reid leads the Cards at 18.5 ppg.  6-5 sophomore forward Andrew Taylor leads rebounding at 10 per game while kicking in 10 points per contest.  The Cardinals participate in the Mountain East Conference with our previous OOC opponent Concord.  Cleveland area Notre Dame College is also in the DII Mountain East.

7 hours ago, Z.I.P. said:

That's an indication the admin knows the soccer game will draw the bigger crowd.  They're right! 

It's also an indication that there isn't enough staff to handle 2 events at the same time.....☺️

• Like 1

To put things in perspective, they finished 5-11 last year, three games behind Notre Dame College (South Euclid, not South Bend) finishing 6th in the Mountain East North.

I remember it as Wheeling Jesuit University, from when I worked in SE Ohio and watched some of their games. They seperated from the Jesuits a couple years ago. 

Edited by Spin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ZippyRulz said:

Valuable experience for the younger players.

Let's hope they get more than 4 minutes of playing time.

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

Ugh. Malone beat Wheeling by 18 last night; 90-72. What an exciting opponent.

That's what you get when you bail on the Jesuits.  It's the curse of St. Ignatius.

22 hours ago, Spin said:

To put things in perspective, they finished 5-11 last year, three games behind Notre Dame College (South Euclid, not South Bend) finishing 6th in the Mountain East North.

I remember it as Wheeling Jesuit University, from when I worked in SE Ohio and watched some of their games. They seperated from the Jesuits a couple years ago. 

ESPN hasn't left the diocese.  They have it as Wheeling Jesuit!  🙏