Portal Offers

11 hours ago, catdaddyp said:

WR from Cal. Originally a 4 star commitment to Mississippi State. 3 years of eligibility.

Seems like he'd be a really good get. Don't think he crossed paths with Joe Mo at Miss St, but definitely would have familiarity with Finley.

Also, today is the last date of the current transfer portal window. I would be surprised if we didn't have more players enter..

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Seems like he'd be a really good get. Don't think he crossed paths with Joe Mo at Miss St, but definitely would have familiarity with Finley.

Also, today is the last date of the current transfer portal window. I would be surprised if we didn't have more players enter..

He’s a talent for sure. On par with Adams and George physically. Played all over the field in high school. Just speculation on my part, but I wonder if catching the ball consistently has kept him off the field. Once it’s in his hands, he can really move.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zippy5 said:

portal closed on 4/30 didn't it?

It did, but that doesn’t mean someone entered without us knowing about it. The staff was also offering select DTs before the spring, so it’s also possible no one has entered and the staff has been looking to add another body this whole time. With multiple scholarships now open, it’d be a good time to re-assess position scholarship allotment. 

On 4/23/2024 at 8:16 PM, catdaddyp said:

Figured this one was coming. See if we can land him second time around. WR Ardell Banks redshirted at UK.

Committed to Kent State. Kent should actually have a pretty good receiving corps now. Whether they have someone to throw them the ball may be a different story…

• Thumbs down 2

1 hour ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

When should we start seeing some commitments? 

Should be in the next few weeks. Coaches typically press for an answer from portal players after a few weeks have gone by. They want their rosters set for the spring and summer.

Forgot to add I doubt we see many (if any) commitments from the older offers that went out.

Edited by catdaddyp
  • Like 1