Portal Offers

6 minutes ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

The Zips have a former Army RB on staff, so that, plus the fact that we can essentially guarantee a starting job, gives me a tiny bit of hope we could land him.

Starting job next year maybe. I don't think he beats out Fish or McCoy as a true or redshirt freshman (unsure if he ever actually ended up at Army?). Might be able to push Cooper when he's on the field, but I think we predominately run a 4-2-5 d.

• Like 3

On 12/14/2023 at 1:32 PM, Blue & Gold said:

I wish we were seeing some more smoke concerning the quarterback position.

Still haven’t seen many realistic options that would be a significant upgrade over what we already have. May have to wait until the dominos start to fall and a few guys are left without options they originally thought would be available. 

Outside of the obvious P5 transfers, almost all of the other QBs have some type of flaw. Whether it’s lack of experience, turnover prone, or just a poor fit for JoeMo’s offense. Maybe we end up landing a guy like AJ Swann? Good enough to be a part time starter, but is viewed as a backup by most P5 schools. Perhaps someone like that eventually decides he wants to be a full time starter somewhere and goes G5. That’s at least the type of scenario I’m hoping for.

Edited by catdaddyp
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

I know Kamarii Landers was hoping to come back after (in my understanding) a year @ JUCO but as far as I can tell we have not re-offered him.    Does a player have to spend two years at JUCO?

No, it can just be one year. Might be a situation where the staff is keeping him on the back burner in case they don’t land their top targets. Or they may not offer again at all?

Edited by catdaddyp
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

I know Kamarii Landers was hoping to come back after (in my understanding) a year @ JUCO but as far as I can tell we have not re-offered him.    Does a player have to spend two years at JUCO?

Has Landers received anything in terms of offers this cycle that you're aware of?

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

Zach Gibson is back in the portal. He’d be perfect for JoMo’s offense. He only left b/c he was butt hurt over Arth getting canned, so, loyalty basically.

Agreed! I was thinking about him the other day, though I figure he's only got one year of eligibility left at this point. I saw his brother (a much higher rated recruit and an OL) was also in the portal. Wonder if we could get a package deal lol.

Edited by LZIp
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, LZIp said:

Agreed! I was thinking about him the other day, though I figure he's only got one year of eligibility left at this point. I saw his brother (a much higher rated recruit and an OL) was also in the portal. Wonder if we could get a package deal lol.

I thought Zack would of flourished under Moorhead. I hated to see him leave. The article below says he is a grad transfer which is why he is transferring a 2nd time without losing a year. It also mentioned a possible package deal.

https://www.si.com/college/georgiatech/football/georgia-tech-qb-zach-gibson-enters-transfer-portal

On 12/17/2023 at 2:48 PM, catdaddyp said:

OL from Merrimack. 1st team all-conference.

I was curious about the Merrimack OL. Nick is 6'6" 310 lbs. Cole is 6'4" 310 lbs (lists himself as 6'6" 315 lbs on his Twitter).

Buffalo, PCCC, and UMASS are the other DI FBS schools that have offered Nick according to his Twitter. 

Cole also holds offers from UMASS and Buffalo.

Merrimack was 5-6 on the season. 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Like 1