Portal Offers

1 hour ago, catdaddyp said:

Mizzou DE with 3 years of eligibility. Was a 4 star recruit out of HS by several services. Hardly saw the field at Mizzou, but would be a nice addition for us.

Glass Half Full:  He's a good player who is being pushed out because Missouri is on the rise and getting better players coming in behind him. Sort of lost in the shuffle. 

Glass Half Empty:  Decent talent who didn't do enough to develop himself so he didn't see the field at a historically average to below average SEC school. 

I'm going with glass half full. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, GP1 said:

Glass Half Full:  He's a good player who is being pushed out because Missouri is on the rise and getting better players coming in behind him. Sort of lost in the shuffle. 

Glass Half Empty:  Decent talent who didn't do enough to develop himself so he didn't see the field at a historically average to below average SEC school. 

Whoa. New year, new you? 😉

I'm all for P5 talent coming in, especially in the trenches. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GP1 said:

Mizzou’s DL is pretty stout this year. They tend to go with quicker players on the edges and managed to produce 20 sacks solely from their DL this season. Seems Wesolak was moved to LB and it was not a good fit. I imagine Zips would move him back to DE. Especially with coach Wart extending the offer.

2 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Whoa. New year, new you? 😉

I'm all for P5 talent coming in, especially in the trenches. 

I want P5 guys if they are from winning programs, which is the case here. Not interested in guys from Vanderbilt. 

I want players who are better than the ones we've had for the last 5 years.  I don't care where they come from.  If they're not derelicts, can academically qualify and can play, I don't care whether they are a JUCO, D3 transfer, D1 P5 transfer or a walk on.  The Zips are in no position to be picky.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Originally committed to Alabama. Transferred to UCONN and saw a total of 6 snaps in 2 years. Talent is definitely there, but the lack of production is concerning. Portal offers from Akron and Kent.

Edited by catdaddyp

7 minutes ago, catdaddyp said:

One site claiming he committed, but I haven’t seen it confirmed. My guess is he probably did commit.

247 says he committed to Akron!

Edited by blueandgold
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, catdaddyp said:

One site claiming he committed, but I haven’t seen it confirmed. My guess is he probably did commit.

Edit: Here’s some background on Finley.

Certainly not a perfect resume but in reality, getting a QB with any Power 5 qb experience is probably the best we can hope for. Let’s hope JoeMo can make him a MAC star! 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MangoZip said:

Certainly not a perfect resume but in reality, getting a QB with any Power 5 qb experience is probably the best we can hope for. Let’s hope JoeMo can make him a MAC star! 

Absolutely. Now let’s hope we land him!