Akron at Xavier - Oct 14 - 7 PM

A game this big deserves it's own early thread. The winner most likely wins the Big East Midwest division.

Akron (9-0-4, ranked #3 in the country) - 2.15 Goals per game, giving up .538  (Fifth best in the country).

Xavier 1.27 goals per game giving up 1.09.

Only league loss to Georgetown, and also beat DePaul by three goals. Other two losses are Marshall and UT - Rio Grande Valley. Jerome Jolly is their leading goal scorer with 4.

Should be a good one, but I expect no worse than a draw in this one. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, MDZip said:

A game this big deserves it's own early thread. The winner most likely wins the Big East Midwest division.

Akron (9-0-4, ranked #3 in the country) - 2.15 Goals per game, giving up .538  (Fifth best in the country).

Xavier 1.27 goals per game giving up 1.09.

Only league loss to Georgetown, and also beat DePaul by three goals. Other two losses are Marshall and UT - Rio Grande Valley. Jerome Jolly is their leading goal scorer with 4.

Should be a good one, but I expect no worse than a draw in this one. 

Circumstances and a multiplicity of factors would seem to indicate a Zips loss this Saturday.  Everything I know about competitive athletics points to this outcome.  Should Zips sustain their first defeat, all is not lost.  We would still be a good team.  Akron would most likely still gain an NCAA Tournament berth.  Once in the Tournament, anything can happen.

A draw in this situation would be a positive result, against a quality conference foe, on their pitch, in October. 

However, should Zips leave Cincinnati with a victory over Xavier, Akron must be considered something more than just another good team.  A win in this scenario would announce the Zips as a legitimate contender for the title.  It would mean that this squad is special.

"Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief!"

Let's Go Zips!!!

• Like 1

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/article/?categoryId=21&articleId=52615&articleTitle=5-mens-dl-games-to-watch-this-weekend   

No. 5 Akron (9-0-4) vs. Xavier (6-3-2) – Saturday, October 14th, 7 PM Eastern, FloFC

If there is ever a time to be extra wary of an upset, it is traveling to a conference opponent who already performs well at home and will be extra motivated for senior night. That is the situation undefeated Akron faces as it travels down Ohio in what will be extremely hostile territory.

• Like 3

On 10/12/2023 at 1:20 PM, fknbuflobo said:

Not after the small fortune I paid for FloFC.  

Kidding aside, it is an unpleasant drive to which I'm not looking forward. However, to me, it is well worth my time and expense to support our team in person when I can. Regardless of what some on this forum may think because my expectations are high, I happily support our players, coaches, and staff on the road as well as at home, when I can. My job has not afforded me the ability to be at all of the games that I would have loved to have attended this season, but this one and at Butler lend themselves to my attending in person, and I plan to be there. As others have posted, this will be a tough conference divisional road match. The  BE schedulers did us no favors scheduling Xavier, Creighton, and Butler on the road in the same season. Hopefully key starters and subs are healthy and all are mentally ready for a tough battle tonight.

Go Zips!!!

Edited by Zip_ME87
  • Like 4

21 hours ago, n8thegr8 said:

Does anyone that subscribes to Flo know if it allows multiple concurrent streams? Im considering signing up for the final month of soccer season and splitting with a buddy if possible.

It says you can only do multiple streams on the same wifi 🙄 I’m also breaking down and buying it for the last month. You can watch ESPN+ on 10 different devices at once, Flo is so bad

• Like 1

Ashton Kamdem had a very solid first half at left back.

It is great that he is getting to play today in front of his Cincinnati area family.

With Joey Paulus and Malik Henry both not playing in the first half, Ashton and Stefan have both stepped in admirably.

Go, Zips....let's see some of that 2nd half goal scoring.

• Like 2