2023-2024 Zips Women's Basketball

LoyalZIP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I expected Akron to be in the mix when I saw Vejsicky & Wigal enter the portal. 

I don't know much about Davis & Brown other than what's mentioned here. 

There is one in the portal that I'm hoping will end up at Akron because that player has a real chance to be a Jordyn Dawson MAC POY type of player with multiple years of eligibility left. 

I'll mention the name I was thinking about once they end up at Akron or somewhere else. 

Edited by mes102

11 hours ago, ewbrooman1 said:

She's on to YSU, ICYMI.

Thanks. Did Reagan Bass end up there too? I feel like several of our former players will go there now because of Melissa Jackson. 

3 hours ago, blueandgold said:

Thanks. Did Reagan Bass end up there too? I feel like several of our former players will go there now because of Melissa Jackson. 

The only one that has end up at YSU so far from those in the portal is Lewandowski. 

Bass might end up at Purdue. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, mes102 said:

There is one in the portal that I'm hoping will end up at Akron because that player has a real chance to be a Jordyn Dawson MAC POY type of player with multiple years of eligibility left. 

I'll mention the name I was thinking about once they end up at Akron or somewhere else. 

I knew it was a long shot, but Emma Shumate ended up at Michigan State today. I'm just glad that she won't be in the MAC if it wasn't Akron. I was getting worried she might go to that Portage school with her older sister just finishing her college career there this season. 

1 minute ago, blueandgold said:

@mes102  What do you know about our newest signings...Ella Wigal, Shelbee Brown and Jaela Davis?

I don't know a lot about Brown & Davis, but Wigal is an interesting pickup. She was a really good basketball player at Granville, and I heard she's actually a really good golfer as well, finishing 4th in the state in D1 one year. 

She didn't play much at Liberty, but going off how I've heard Coach Gensler talk about how he wants to play via interviews/podcasts, Wigal would fit in. 

Here's a video I found of her highlights from her sophomore year of HS. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mes102 said:

I don't know a lot about Brown & Davis, but Wigal is an interesting pickup. She was a really good basketball player at Granville, and I heard she's actually a really good golfer as well, finishing 4th in the state in D1 one year. 

She didn't play much at Liberty, but going off how I've heard Coach Gensler talk about how he wants to play via interviews/podcasts, Wigal would fit in. 

Here's a video I found of her highlights from her sophomore year of HS. 

I like her, especially her hustle on defense.