Game 11 - @ Eastern Michigan

LoyalZIP

Hey! There's a game tomorrow! Unfortunately it overlaps with the men's basketball game against Heidelberg. But, it is on CBS Sports so we should all be home from basketball in time to see the end of the 1st quarter 😉

Zips are +5.5. Kick is at 7:00pm EST. 

This guy has been blogging EMU football for a long time. He writes some good stuff. Here are his QB power rankings after last week, they may surprise you a bit: https://www.ypsi11.com/p/maction-qbs-finn-undercuffler

If the Zips can go back to playing turnover-free football, they should be in this one until the end. EMU's offense has struggled mightily for most of the year. They didn't record a first down against Kent a few weeks ago until some time in the 2nd quarter.

Hopefully Lingard is back. I think he will be. As for the passing game, who the hell knows.

Go Zips!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, LoyalZIP said:

Hey! There's a game tomorrow! Unfortunately it overlaps with the men's basketball game against Heidelberg. But, it is on CBS Sports so we should all be home from basketball in time to see the end of the 1st quarter 😉

This guy has been blogging EMU football for a long time. He writes some good stuff. Here are his QB power rankings after last week, they may surprise you a bit: https://www.ypsi11.com/p/maction-qbs-finn-undercuffler

If the Zips can go back to playing turnover-free football, they should be in this one until the end. EMU's offense has struggled mightily for most of the year. They didn't record a first down against Kent a few weeks ago until some time in the 2nd quarter.

Hopefully Lingard is back. I think he will be. As for the passing game, who the hell knows.

Go Zips!

Good post and I think the betting line is very close to accurate based on team statistics. Emu averages around three points more per game on offense than Akron and approximately three points less given up on defense. 

As embarrassing as last week was, Miami has a great MAC defense  and getting shutout should not have been much of a surprise for anyone. Akron will play better. 

Football games are still win on turnovers, points off of turnovers and big plays (+40 yards). I know this is asking a lot this season, but if U can just get the ball from his hand to a receiver down field or maybe a Lingard long run, the Zips can win.

The hard part in bad seasons is motivation once hope is lost for a bowl game. The Zips are playing for nothing and that's around the time when guys throw in the towel. Seniors and soon to be washout portal players are quick to give up.  Emu can still make a bowl by winning their two final games. That's pretty good motivation for a Mac school. 

With all that said, take Emu giving up the points. You'll be waiting forever for U to complete a long pass and the motivation for Emu will be too great. Take the over, whatever it is. 

Disclaimer:  I'm pretty good at watching college football and understanding what goes on in and around teams. I'm horrible at picking based upon betting lines. If you bet based upon my advice above seriously, you're an idiot. 

• Like 1

None of my predictions are likely to make Zip fans happy.

1) Gathers draws not one but two unsportsmanlike penalties against Eastern.

2) Zips execute multiple plays that could contend for worst play of the year.

3) Numerous players, including 2 QBs and a K, instruct their people to start putting out under-the-table feelers in anticipation of the portal reopening in about two months.

Edited by Zipmeister
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Zipmeister said:

None of my predictions are likely to make Zip fans happy.

1) Gathers draws not one but two unsportsmanlike penalties against Eastern.

2) Zips execute multiple plays that could contend for worst play of the year.

3) Numerous players, including 2 QBs and a K, instruct their people to start putting out under-the-table feelers in anticipation of the portal reopening in about two months.

Well if all that happens there goes our bowl eligibility. 😜

11 hours ago, LoyalZIP said:

Go Zips!

EMU is towards the bottom in total defense so my hope is that U can maybe put together a decent game and if Lingard is there all the better. Just seems like so many of U’s turnovers aren’t necessarily because of bad throws but a combination of sack fumbles and being immediately pressured. If we can protect him a bit maybe we have a chance. 

20 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Skozen just asked JoMo about Alex Adams & Adams is done for the year.

First time I've heard a direct question concerning a player.  Questions obviously must be submitted and okay'ed prior to the interview?

That’s my guess.

nice stop by the D. Get them in 3rd and long and I like our chances against this QB 

This game is pretty good. The announcers on the other hand leave a lot to be desired. The analyst is going to set records for the number of times he mispronounces U's last name and the number of ways it can be mispronounced. 

• Like 2