Game 11 - @ Eastern Michigan

LoyalZIP

Man I want to see a good look of that last EMU offensive play in regulation. I really think he never got OB. Should’ve won anyway. Can’t give up 80 yards of field position on a punt. Can’t have your own 11 yard punt in crunch time. Can’t drop a pick-6. Can’t commit dumbass penalties to extend opponent drives. If the Zips were a power 5 team, they’d be the headlining national laughing stock. All the tools to win some of these games. Kent, sure I’ll give them that. But not one other close win against the MAC through 15 tries now. We are Scott Frost’s Nebraska. 

12 minutes ago, 1981 grad said:

I am going guess we are the only team in college football to punt from the 30 yard line.  

I would agree if you are implying that we should have gone for it - and not kick it. Zero confidence in our kickers. That OT field goal looked like they pulled somebody out of the stands to kick it, miracle it made it

1 minute ago, GP1 said:

I can't tell anything from the photos. What I do know is I have to sit through replay after replay after replay every week on less questionable stuff than that..... with 12 minutes to go in the first quarter. 

Yup, exactly what I’m thinking. In OT with no clock in play, there’s zero reason to not look at it. 

27 minutes ago, LoyalZIP said:

That crew will get a talking-to by the league/consortium of officials. Egregious by the replay official not to buzz down to review the fumble in that situation. And the tackle in-bounds was bad too, weird that TV never showed the end zone camera look at it. 

Thought it couldn't be overturned, the PI call on Lewis at the end of the first half was egregious as well. Gave them 4 extra points with them getting a TD out of it, assuming the FG would've been made.

I personally feel this was the best game called all year from an offensive standpoint. We kept Undercuffler playing within himself so he wasn't trying to do too much and turn it over, fed Lingard, and used Bullock in short yardage situations. A couple questionable calls, defense going to prevent which led to two scoring drives to end each half, and a spotty kicking game and this is unfortunately what we get. Also not happy with the way the OL performed last night at all.

Edited by LZIp
  • Like 1

Not to be a dick, but I hope JoMo's embarrassed about the product he's put on the field this year.  

This year has been one huge turd.  

I also hope the embarrassment hurts his pride and steels his resolve to turn this bloody mess around.

I'm planning on being at the Info next Friday, but JoMo shouldn't be surprised if I'm the only person in attendance.  Akron football fans can only suffer so much.  It's inhumane.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

I'm planning on being at the Info next Friday, but JoMo shouldn't be surprised if I'm the only person in attendance.  Akron football fans can only suffer so much.  It's inhumane.

It's senior day so I hope you have some company.  It's a shame the game is Friday night as the OHSAA might be bale to use the field for some good football otherwise.

4 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

It's senior day so I hope you have some company.  It's a shame the game is Friday night as the OHSAA might be bale to use the field for some good football otherwise.

I believe it's supposed to be a 12:00 noon kickoff.

Would that give them enough turnaround time to host the Hoban/Walsh -v- Green/Massillon winner?  I love it when the Info hosts big high school games (It's healthy for the community).

This Friday they're hosting the Hoban -v- Walsh game & the place will be rocking.

Edited by Blue & Gold
  • Like 1