5'8 Loren Jackson - Long Beach St Transfer

2 hours ago, tpsjugglerdude said:

Long Beach State transfer Loren Jackson visited Akron yesterday. Rated a 3 star prospect and #9 PG in IL when he came out of HS.

http://www.longbeachstate.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/loren_jackson_1028260.html

I'm sure Groce knows about him from his time in Illinois.  Physically, he looks like a drop-in replacement for Antino.

#9-rated PG in Illinois is pretty impressive. 

• Like 1

Groce sucks.  (((Kidding)))

To quote my departed father, I think we "fell in a pile of s.hit and came out smelling like a rose".

Keep up the good work JG.  Exciting times to be a Zip bb fan for sure.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, akronzips71 said:

Does he have to sit for a year?

Wish he was taller.

Definitely has to sit next year.  Played in plenty of games, and scored 5 ppg.  

I wonder if anyone knows more of the story.  Disgruntled with playing time?  That would seem odd if he was just a freshman.  Homesick?  Not likely if he's not going back to Illinois.  I wonder why he went there to begin with.  It looks like he had some better offers.

Maybe he was tired of the West Coast Beach Life, and dreamed about what summers would be like on Summit Lake :lol:

He's still young enough that we could hopefully grow another inch or two.  

Edited by skip-zip

9 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

DJ Cooper

6'

But I honestly don't know what people are defining as "Groce's Style" and I've seen it referenced so many times here since his hiring.  Like most of us, I only saw his teams play a few times in those OU/Akron games back about 6-8 years ago.    Then I see people who've complained for years about short guards at Akron say that this guy will "do well and fits Groce's style", before he's even put on an Akron practice jersey.

Please, enlighten me.  :D

18 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

6'

But I honestly don't know what people are defining as "Groce's Style" and I've seen it referenced so many times here since his hiring.  Like most of us, I only saw his teams play a few times in those OU/Akron games back about 6-8 years ago.    Then I see people who've complained for years about short guards at Akron say that this guy will "do well and fits Groce's style", before he's even put on an Akron practice jersey.

Please, enlighten me.  :D

I don't think anyone says he fits because of his size, it's the way he plays