Jump to content
zippy5

Kostelac Possibly Transferring

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, tboned said:

t’s quite obvious there is a racial component to this.  I think Groce should  be relieved  of  Head coaching responsibility  until the entire  issue  is resolved  in court.   At that time a determination can be made on Groce’s future.

 

:eek:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, tboned said:

t’s quite obvious there is a racial component to this.  I think Groce should  be relieved  of  Head coaching responsibility  until the entire  issue  is resolved  in court.   At that time a determination can be made on Groce’s future.

Unless the color on my TV is way way off, there only appears to be two white guys on the team. So yes, those two white guys must be racists picking on the black guys. And one of them got fed up and took him out.

Right, sell that one to someone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, akronzips71 said:

Gueye, a Senegal native, was used sparingly over his two-year career. He appeared in 45 games, recording a total of 11 points and 38 rebounds. After logging 13 minutes at Tennessee on Feb. 13, Gueye didn’t play again in 2017-18.


Read more here: https://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-mens-basketball/article207152904.html#storylink=cpy

 

And you guys think he was not asked to leave?

 

You just completely changed your narrative from being kicked off the team to be asked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

 

You just completely changed your narrative from being kicked off the team to be asked.

Like being asked to resign instead of getting fired.

 

This coach has no control over this team. The incidents under KD happened off the team. This happened in school at practice. Gigantic difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, akronzips71 said:

Like being asked to resign instead of getting fired.

 

This coach has no control over this team. The incidents under KD happened off the team. This happened in school at practice. Gigantic difference.

Maybe they were too busy beating players from the women's team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

Right, Tree never walked out and quit the team in the middle of practice or anything

I don't remember him knocking a teammate unconscious on the practice floor.

Maybe you can post a link to that to refresh my memory.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, akronzips71 said:

I don't remember him knocking a teammate unconscious on the practice floor.

Maybe you can post a link to that to refresh my memory.

 

oWUuoMf.gif

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

I've never seen so much angst over a "player" who never played a minute for the Zips, and another who was 0.001% away from being a walk-on.

 

Jimmond Ivey is playing some great basketball right now, if anyone'd noticed.:)

Thank you. I was about to make the exact same comment after reading much of this thread :)

 

Let cooler heads prevail. Sometimes kids get lost in the heat of the moment. In my experience, no side is completely innocent in this kind of situation. Kids got heated at practice. Life happens. The most important thing is that they have someone there to help them learn from their mistakes. That's how young people grow into adults (ideally, although not always) haha. 

 

There's a lot of basketball left to play. Hopefully Jimond's play becomes contagious and they can keep building some momentum into tournament play.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ZippyforPresident said:

Thank you. I was about to make the exact same comment after reading much of this thread :)

 

Let cooler heads prevail. Sometimes kids get lost in the heat of the moment. In my experience, no side is completely innocent in this kind of situation. Kids got heated at practice. Life happens. The most important thing is that they have someone there to help them learn from their mistakes. That's how young people grow into adults (ideally, although not always) haha. 

 

There's a lot of basketball left to play. Hopefully Jimond's play becomes contagious and they can keep building some momentum into tournament play.

Post of the year!  Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

Mark Kostelac now @ Walsh

 

Good for Mark.  That's a well-coached (by Akron Ellet's own Jeff Young) and a level of play where he can excel.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

 

Good for Mark.  That's a well-coached (by Akron Ellet's own Jeff Young) and a level of play where he can excel.

Jeff Young is awesome.  My mom used to work as Walsh's graphics designer.  Being the school's only graphic designer, she was always pretty swamped with work.  She told me on a number of occasions that Jeff was the most patient & grateful person she dealt with at the school.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy to see this. Mark’s a great kid and Coach Young is fantastic. Seems like the school is a good fit too. After everything he went through at UA, the kid really deserves another shot away from Groce. Best of luck to him at Walsh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Akronfan111 said:

Happy to see this. Mark’s a great kid and Coach Young is fantastic. Seems like the school is a good fit too. After everything he went through at UA, the kid really deserves another shot away from Groce. Best of luck to him at Walsh.

Don't blame Groce for Mark's lack of ability to compete at the D1 level....disingenuous to suggest it was on Coach's back, if you ever watched him play at UA.  No disagreement on Mark being a great kid, etc. but just wasn't a D1 baller.  Walsh and mark will compliment each other.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I disagree that Kostelac is not a D1 talent... he needs work but the talent is there. He may not be able to play at MAC level right now but he would have an impact at some low majors for sure.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kostalec finished his Akron career with more personal fouls than points or rebounds. He was a nice kid, but there was a reason he was buried on the depth chart. He should do well at Malone.

Edited by kreed5120
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Kostelac was a D1 talent another D1 school would have snatched him up.  He was destined to a career on the bench at any reasonable D1 school.  Walsh is a good fit.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time will tell if he is a division one player.  If he dominates at Walsh and leads the league in scoring and rebounding, we will know that he was a division 1 player that needed time to blossom.  If he does not dominate at Walsh, we will know that he is a great guy who was a division 2 player.  My feeling is that he will be a good division 2 player.  He just did not have the athleticism, quickness, or instincts to play division one.  I wish him the best success.

Edited by 1981 grad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I predict that his numbers at Walsh will be far, far better than his numbers at Malone. Just sayin'.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 72 Roo said:

I predict that his numbers at Walsh will be far, far better than his numbers at Malone. Just sayin'.

 

 

I don't see him being much of a presence at Malone.  :D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...