Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
clarkwgriswold

Game 3- Bryant

Recommended Posts

Arth did pretty good at JCu without your buddies boy playing, bigjim. His success at JCU is the only reason he is where he is today because it sure wasn’t from UT-C.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bigjim said:

I have reported in the past that a friend of mine's son was all state in high school, went to John Carrol and did not see the field with Arth as coach.  After Arth left, he made all conference.  This situation caused me to question his coaching and talent evaluation abilities.  

 

JCU was pretty successful with him. Maybe the kid was just a late bloomer. Or, maybe there were some kids in front of him who were just better.  There are tons of late bloomers in D3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Z4P's Bryant+ Prediction:

Bulldogs Take a Bite out of Buchtel

Much to the shock and horror of Akron Zips fans everywhere across the globe, THE Bryant University Bulldogs rescue victory from the jaws of defeat with a 1 point victory off of a sausage calved true Freshman Andrew Daragjati 64 yard field goal. When asked post game about the decision to give Andrew the go ahead for the 64 yarder over the proven upper classmen kickers on the roster, Head Coach Chris Merrit explained he had no other choice, as the other kickers were nowhere to be found after a bus stop in Boardman off of Route 224 at Primanti Bros. Not to worry, the players' families notified the university that the men returned home, full to the point of nausea by french fry, but in extremely good spirits.

Buckeyes Bite the Bullet:

Upon arrival in Columbus, the massive nation of Akron Zips faithful had lost all faith in the genius of the "Master of Deception", Thomas Edward Arth, when Andrew Daragjati proved his super human status in Bryant's stunning defeat of the sad and hapless Akron Zips at Infocision Stadium. However, Big Time Thomas sure had other ideas for Ohio's favorite footballers in Akron's 3-2 upset of the one thing rurals and urbans can agree on in this insanely mind boggling, ridiculous, absurdly undervaccinated state. Whenever coach Ryan called for Ohio's most precious resource to dive, Thomas had the Zippers duck. It's almost as if Coach Thomas's every move was completely illogical to the point of insane, irrational, idiocy, but it certainly surprised our good ol' beloved Bucks. When asked postgame about the Akron surprise of the century, Coach Day responded that, the Akron play calling was so erratic and unpredictable, it seemed as if no one on their sideline had ever even held a football before, nor had any awareness of time, place, or reality. Talk about catching our beloved Buckeye boys by surprise! In his postgame presser, Cleveland-ish native Thomas Edward Arth responded that just like every other faithful, decent Clevelander, he was worse than heartbroken to see his favorite college team fall to Oregon two weeks before. He wasn't sure what day it was, but he pledged his faithful and undying love for "the shoe"  and did have some passionate thoughts about Ohio University's 14-49 loss to Louisiana last Wednesday.

Edited by ZippyforPresident
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ZippyforPresident said:

Z4P's Bryant+ Prediction:

Bulldogs Take a Bite out of Buchtel

Much to the shock and horror of Akron Zips fans everywhere across the globe, THE Bryant University Bulldogs rescue victory from the jaws of defeat with a 1 point victory off of a sausage calved true Freshman Andrew Daragjati 64 yard field goal. When asked post game about the decision to give Andrew the go ahead for the 64 yarder over the proven upper classmen kickers on the roster, Head Coach Chris Merrit explained he had no other choice, as the other kickers were nowhere to be found after a bus stop in Boardman off of Route 224 at Primanti Bros. Not to worry, the players' families notified the university that the men returned home, full to the point of nausea by french fry, but in extremely good spirits.

Buckeyes Bite the Bullet:

Upon arrival in Columbus, the massive nation of Akron Zips faithful had lost all faith in the genius of the "Master of Deception", Thomas Edward Arth, when Andrew Daragjati proved his super human status in Bryant's stunning defeat of the sad and hapless Akron Zips at Infocision Stadium. However, Big Time Thomas sure had other ideas for Ohio's favorite footballers in Akron's 3-2 upset of the one thing rurals and urbans can agree on in this insanely mind boggling, ridiculous, absurdly undervaccinated state. Whenever coach Ryan called for Ohio's most precious resource to dive, Thomas had the Zippers duck. It's almost as if Coach Thomas's every move was completely illogical to the point of insane, irrational, idiocy, but it certainly surprised our good ol' beloved Bucks. When asked postgame about the Akron surprise of the century, Coach Day responded that, the Akron play calling was so erratic and unpredictable, it seemed as if no one on their sideline had ever even held a football before, nor had any awareness of time, place, or reality. Talk about catching our beloved Buckeye boys by surprise! In his postgame presser, Cleveland-ish native Thomas Edward Arth responded that just like every other faithful, decent Clevelander, he was worse than heartbroken to see his favorite college team fall to Oregon two weeks before. He wasn't sure what day it was, but he pledged his faithful and undying love for "the shoe"  and did have some passionate thoughts about Ohio University's 14-49 loss to Louisiana last Wednesday.

 

 

This is tremendous!!! Well done!! 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ZippyRulz said:

I haven't seen a line on this game but FWIW the ESPN app gives us an 85% chance of beginning a new winning streak..

 

 

Wow, an 85% chance against a team from the NEC..

The Bulldogs are in the same conference as the bobcat-slayers of Duquesne.

While Bryant is not as good as the Dukes, they routinely go up against powerhouses like the bobcat slayers.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Difficult game to handicap. 

 

Zips are terrible. Bryant is a bad FCS program.

 

Zips pull away late and win 31-16.

 

I don't care how bad the rest of the MAC appears to be, I still don't see a second win on the horizon. Mathison is the only Arth recruit that is proven to be worth the price of admission. Offense or defense. That's not enough. Hope I'm wrong.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't laugh too hard... at one time Akron was in the Northeast Conference for about 1 week-- until the MAC took us in.

 

Long timers will remember:

 

We were moving from Independent status --- for all other sports mainly-- Huggins was livid that basketball had no conference with access to the NCAA Tournament-- and NEC was the only conference willing to take us at the time.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2021 at 12:29 AM, ZippyforPresident said:

Z4P's Bryant+ Prediction:

Bulldogs Take a Bite out of Buchtel

Much to the shock and horror of Akron Zips fans everywhere across the globe, THE Bryant University Bulldogs rescue victory from the jaws of defeat with a 1 point victory off of a sausage calved true Freshman Andrew Daragjati 64 yard field goal. When asked post game about the decision to give Andrew the go ahead for the 64 yarder over the proven upper classmen kickers on the roster, Head Coach Chris Merrit explained he had no other choice, as the other kickers were nowhere to be found after a bus stop in Boardman off of Route 224 at Primanti Bros. Not to worry, the players' families notified the university that the men returned home, full to the point of nausea by french fry, but in extremely good spirits.

Buckeyes Bite the Bullet:

Upon arrival in Columbus, the massive nation of Akron Zips faithful had lost all faith in the genius of the "Master of Deception", Thomas Edward Arth, when Andrew Daragjati proved his super human status in Bryant's stunning defeat of the sad and hapless Akron Zips at Infocision Stadium. However, Big Time Thomas sure had other ideas for Ohio's favorite footballers in Akron's 3-2 upset of the one thing rurals and urbans can agree on in this insanely mind boggling, ridiculous, absurdly undervaccinated state. Whenever coach Ryan called for Ohio's most precious resource to dive, Thomas had the Zippers duck. It's almost as if Coach Thomas's every move was completely illogical to the point of insane, irrational, idiocy, but it certainly surprised our good ol' beloved Bucks. When asked postgame about the Akron surprise of the century, Coach Day responded that, the Akron play calling was so erratic and unpredictable, it seemed as if no one on their sideline had ever even held a football before, nor had any awareness of time, place, or reality. Talk about catching our beloved Buckeye boys by surprise! In his postgame presser, Cleveland-ish native Thomas Edward Arth responded that just like every other faithful, decent Clevelander, he was worse than heartbroken to see his favorite college team fall to Oregon two weeks before. He wasn't sure what day it was, but he pledged his faithful and undying love for "the shoe"  and did have some passionate thoughts about Ohio University's 14-49 loss to Louisiana last Wednesday.

 

This is monumental.

Can anyone name the last time the Zip football team was involved in back-to-back 1 point games?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How are they doing a replay on a play after another play has been run?????  Good lord.  The officiating matches the talent on the field.

 

Then the Zips lose ground on 4th and 1 against a defense with a 235 pound nose tackle.

Edited by clarkwgriswold
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

how are they doing a replay on a play after another play has been run?????  Good lord.

 

"The play reviewed was the fourth down play, and he was short."

 

Conversation between Referee and replay official:

 

Referee:  "OK what happened on that fumble"

Replay official:  "So we can't replay that, they already ran a play, what are you trying to do here?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NWAkron said:

Why didn't they review that?

Is this some teachable moment Arth is doing?

Pretty clear fumble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got home and tuned in to see the Zips fumble inside the Bulldogs 10.

 

Looks like I didn’t miss much…

Edited by Spin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Spin said:

Just got home and tuned in to see the Zips fumble inside the Bulldogs 10.

 

Oh well…

That's second choke in the red zone in two possessions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...