Class of '23 Offers & Verbal Commits

44 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Looks like some schools at least are having early signing day tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/YellowjacketsFB/status/1602662186538905600?t=RsWxUsqV0CyRYOa0Ugrwvw&s=19

Maybe it's the last day before break, and the last day they'll be together for a pic?

It's ok to sign a paper and hold a ceremony at your HS, but nothing's official until it rolls off the athletic dept's fax machine on the 21st. It is still faxed, right? 🙃

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Zipmeister said:

I did a player search on 247 from 2023 back to 2018 and can't find anything on Lemuel Watley-Neely.

From the Indiana Hoosier's athletics website

Apparently in 2022 he appeared in all 10 games and "seen time on defense and special teams." 🧐

Edited by Blue & Gold

On 12/11/2022 at 7:41 PM, catdaddyp said:

I somehow missed this offer. In any case, here is his Rival’s profile and his senior film is attached.

@catdaddyp in watching Jayvin James' video I think he looks good!

Here's my evaluation: 6-6, long arms, looks great in pass blocking (wasn't shown much run blocking) and moves his feet very well.  

But I have little ability to evaluate OL & DL.  Am I missing something?  He's only a 2-star recruit & didn't have many other offers. What are your thoughts when watching his film?

Edited by Blue & Gold
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

@catdaddyp in watching Jayvin James' video I think he looks good!

Here's my evaluation: 6-6, long arms, looks great in pass blocking (wasn't shown much run blocking) and moves his feet very well.  

But I have little ability to evaluate OL & DL.  Am I missing something?  He's only a 2-star recruit & didn't have many other offers. What are your thoughts when watching his film?

He plays in an offense where the OTs are mostly in a 2 point stance, similar to ours and certainly moves well. Reminds me a lot of Landers in the way he is built, able to change direction, block in space, and run. Although, he may not be quite as strong as Landers at the same point in their careers.

What is exciting about James is the upside he has. Looks like he’s just now scratching the surface. He carries a frame where he’ll easily be able to add more mass and not give up any of his mobility. I wouldn’t worry about the star ranking or his offer list. James likely wont be expected to come in and see starter minutes in his first year, so he’ll have plenty of time to develop and potentially become an excellent lineman down the road.

• Thanks 1

On 12/12/2022 at 8:02 PM, ziptrumpet87 said:

Chrome got updated but the Twitter embeds still don't show (phone AND PC).

The "NEXT" and "PREV" also still don't work.

It's like listening in on one end of a phone conversation.

Update was run a few minutes ago. Hopefully things are better for you.

26 minutes ago, Dr Z said:

Any issues members are having in Chrome, might just be a Chrome issue. Try clearing your cache.

Mine still does not work properly. Not sure what else to do. I can't move forward or backwards to pages and also can't see a lot of uploaded content.