Position Preview (and updates) - Wide Receiver

catdaddyp

Looks like the roster is still being updated, but former Walk-on WR Jameel Williamson is no longer listed. I’m guessing the freshmen trio of Norton, Louis, and Davis will not be early enrollees.

Also, Anthony Williams is still listed as a RB. We’ll see if that changes.

• catdaddyp changed the title to Position Preview (and updates) - Wide Receiver
On 2/13/2023 at 12:02 PM, catdaddyp said:

Looks like the roster is still being updated, but former Walk-on WR Jameel Williamson is no longer listed. I’m guessing the freshmen trio of Norton, Louis, and Davis will not be early enrollees.

Also, Anthony Williams is still listed as a RB. We’ll see if that changes.

I expect the 2023 roster to be settled around mid-season. We may or may not have a depth chart by the end of the season..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

Ouch. Caleb was pretty good 😕

Definitely had some talent, but couldn’t quite breakthrough. I recall him making two difficult catches in one of the games this year and a number of errant throws that he had no chance on during other parts of the season. Don’t blame him for looking elsewhere as the WR room is loaded with potential. Now need a QB who can consistently get them the ball.

2 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

He was?

2 hours ago, catdaddyp said:

Definitely had some talent, but couldn’t quite breakthrough. I recall him making two difficult catches in one of the games this year and a number of errant throws that he had no chance on during other parts of the season. Don’t blame him for looking elsewhere as the WR room is loaded with potential. Now need a QB who can consistently get them the ball.

I thought he looked pretty smooth, and with his stature I thought next year he'd probably be taking George's place as a relatively big possession receiver.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Short of getting a stud for QB this is great news. JD is a good coach and man. He gets Zip football for all its ups and mostly downs. He clicked with Joe. That relationship will have a positive affect on the entire rest of the team. We talk about creating a great culture, this is another step in achieving that. Welcome back coach, glad you are here!

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, LoyalZIP said:

Cool. Hasn’t coached in a long time. I wonder what other roles he’ll have, if any. Game’s a lot different now. 

He brings intangibles that will more than make up for his "lack of recent experience". Think of the WRs that came through while he was here - Hixon, Arthur, Bowser. Akron football always competed under his tutelage. As previously mentioned, he gets Akron football. Fully expect him to be a huge positive in the locker room and on the sideline. 

• Like 1