Portal Offers

On a side note, most P5 head coaches are meeting with their players this week since they cannot go on the road recruiting (assistants can go on the road). There has already been an uptick in entries today.

Edited by catdaddyp

11 minutes ago, catdaddyp said:

Offer to Maryland OT Keon Kindred. Former and current 3 star. His potential is in-line with Landers in my opinion. Would be a big get.

Per 247, Coach J Rod recruited him at FIU, so a relationship is there.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2023 at 10:29 PM, catdaddyp said:

Not sure if this is a commitment or just more pics from his visit. In any case, offer out to New Mexico State DT Lama Lavea. He played nearly 300 snaps and started 2 games last year.

https://twitter.com/ogescobar/status/1655661803022458889?s=61&t=_TFqePY4lFXUo5BavIxA3w
There it is.

• Like 3

On 5/6/2023 at 10:17 PM, catdaddyp said:

Offer to Maryland OT Keon Kindred. Former and current 3 star. His potential is in-line with Landers in my opinion. Would be a big get.

Huge Pickup!
💣 🔥

Edited by catdaddyp
  • Like 3

I think what’s left in the portal now is the football equivalent of a moldy ham & cheese sandwich,  a bubble gum wrapper, and $10 in expired Kohl’s cash. Time to walk away and leave the detritus for Kent. 

Looking forward to seeing what kind of team Joe & Co. can mold Akron’s ‘23 Soldiers of Fortune into. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

I think what’s left in the portal now is the football equivalent of a moldy ham & cheese sandwich,  a bubble gum wrapper, and $10 in expired Kohl’s cash. Time to walk away and leave the detritus for Kent. 

Looking forward to seeing what kind of team Joe & Co. can mold Akron’s ‘23 Soldiers of Fortune into. 

might be some more coming…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

Still some good players left, but you’re right, the quality is quickly dwindling. 

Kent State is going to be rough. First year head coach that is going to have some growing pains. Might take him 3 or 4 off seasons to turn that ship around (even with the portal) as he figures out what does and doesn’t work as both a HC and at Kent.

52 minutes ago, LZIp said:

might be some more coming…

I’ve been waiting to see what the other MAC teams bring in, but at this point I feel strongly we have the best overall class (HS/JUCO and Portal combined). Can’t wait to see who else is brought in, if that’s the case.

21 minutes ago, catdaddyp said:

I’ve been waiting to see what the other MAC teams bring in, but at this point I feel strongly we have the best overall class (HS/JUCO and Portal combined). Can’t wait to see who else is brought in, if that’s the case.

Yeah I saw the football account officially announced some signings today, so unsure if he was referencing that or if there are some new commits. I feel like the latter just based on following him, but have been wrong before.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, catdaddyp said:

Looks like one more at least.

I bet he couldn't wait to get away from Hue Jackson.

Does anybody know what his academic story is? Out of high school, he was a Texas commit/decommit. He had offers from the following...

Bama

Florida

Texas Tech

Kansas

Arkansas

Colorado

Illinois

Missouri

Ole Miss

Texas

SMU

Auburn

Texas A&M

After decommiting from Texas, he had offers from Grambling, Marshall, and Vandy, ultimately ending up at Grambling. Academic issues or something else?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

I bet he couldn't wait to get away from Hue Jackson.

Does anybody know what his academic story is? Out of high school, he was a Texas commit/decommit. He had offers from the following...

Bama

Florida

Texas Tech

Kansas

Arkansas

Colorado

Illinois

Missouri

Ole Miss

Texas

SMU

Auburn

Texas A&M

After decommiting from Texas, he had offers from Grambling, Marshall, and Vandy, ultimately ending up at Grambling. Academic issues or something else?

It'll be interesting to find out his story. The amount of talent that this staff is stock piling is getting ridiculous.