Portal Offers

4 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

I think what’s left in the portal now is the football equivalent of a moldy ham & cheese sandwich,  a bubble gum wrapper, and $10 in expired Kohl’s cash. Time to walk away and leave the detritus for Kent. 

Looking forward to seeing what kind of team Joe & Co. can mold Akron’s ‘23 Soldiers of Fortune into. 

Set to beam one up Captain.

Set your Phaizon to stun.

On 5/26/2023 at 7:31 PM, catdaddyp said:

Well that didn’t last long. Guess we are back on the market for another OL. Too bad, despite coming from a D3, I thought Castro had a chance to help us this year.

Edited by catdaddyp

6 hours ago, catdaddyp said:

Well that didn’t last long. Guess we are back on the market for another OL. Too bad, despite coming from a D3, I thought Castro had a chance to help us this year.

Thanks to Josh for not wasting anymore of the Zips time.

Nothing more to see here. Keep moving on.

Edited by Zipmeister

4 hours ago, LZIp said:

Can't imagine him de-committing would mean anything but one of two things: He knows of a better offer or offers incoming, or we have a better prospect we know that is committing. 

I think it could actually mean any one, or more, of a boatload of things. e.g., he grabbed at the offer, then looked at the Zip's record in recent years, then (not intended to slam chickens) he chickened out.  OR he could have grabbed at the offer, then looked at the other OLs the zips have recently signed, and then he chickened out.

Edited by Zipmeister

5 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Every team does. These are football players that have to play school. 

You only dip into the juco market if you have to. In general they are much riskier than transfers or high school kids. Seems like we have way more than most this year but it is what it is. For a program that is stuck in a ditch you need to take some risks, I get it. Just hope they are good on, and off, the field. 

34 minutes ago, MangoZip said:

You only dip into the juco market if you have to. In general they are much riskier than transfers or high school kids. Seems like we have way more than most this year but it is what it is. For a program that is stuck in a ditch you need to take some risks, I get it. Just hope they are good on, and off, the field. 

I might be missing someone, but I'm only counting 6 JUCOS out of 35+ new players.

1 hour ago, MangoZip said:

I was referring to all players in regards to academics.

"Student-athlete" is the biggest joke marketing label when it comes to football and basketball. These are employees of the universities, and their job is to make the universities money. Period. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...