Game 28- Toledo

clarkwgriswold

Just now, zippy5 said:

Honestly this is probably the second worst game I've seen an Akron team play. NCAAT game against VCU being the worst

Came here to say the same thing. This game is flat out embarrassing and I actually think this is worse than the VCU game. At least they were a good team. 

3 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

Honestly this is probably the second worst game I've seen an Akron team play. NCAAT game against VCU being the worst

I don't like it but this one is hard to watch.  What makes it worse is you know they are able.  They are just delivering. Not tonight. 

When we are down by 30 Hunter finally finds his stroke.  I just wonder if this guy just tenses up early in the game and it throws off his shot.  When we were up by 30 against Buffalo he hit a couple of three balls.  I know it sounds crazy but it makes me wonder especially when I hear he lights it up in practice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Glad to hear someone say it out loud.

Get Enrique and X out of there.

I also just don't think we could put a lineup that matches up well with them. Toledo actually has two competent offensive bigs so asking one of our 6'2 guards to guard one of them is asking a lot. They also got 3 point range, which forces Freeman away from the basket. 

Frankly, I want Toledo on the other side of the bracket. I like our chances against Kent or Ball State. We just don't match up against Toledo well. Hopefully someone can upset them so we can avoid them.

Edited by kreed5120
  • Like 2

Just now, 1981 grad said:

When we are down by 30 Hunter finally finds his stroke.  I just wonder if this guy just tenses up early in the game and it throws off his shot.  When we were up by 30 against Buffalo he hit a couple of three balls.  I know it sounds crazy but it makes me wonder especially when I hear he lights it up in practice.

They were all tense... need some better chi... 

2 minutes ago, 1981 grad said:

They stop making popcorn at half.