2023-2024 Zips Women's Basketball

LoyalZIP

The Gensler Era's first non-secret scrimmage (exhibition) takes place tomorrow evening at 7:30p at the JAR against Walsh U. I'm very excited to have hoops back and am looking forward to being in the JAR for another long and cold and hopefully successful winter.

Looks like live stats being offered, no TV or radio.

Schedule: https://gozips.com/sports/womens-basketball/schedule

6 hours ago, Hilltopper said:

Do you think these events have no cost to produce? I hope you just forgot to insert the sarcasm emoji.

Sure they cost something to produce, but why would I pay more than $10 to watch an exhibition game for a sport that doesn't draw over 500 people to most games and pay $20 for a hot dog and a large Pepsi just for myself, and then listen to the University and admin complain that no one comes to the games?  Get real, they cost something to produce whether I'm in a seat or not, and if I and another couple hundred people decide it's not worth the price, then that's zero towards the cost, vs. maybe covering some by offering at least a bargain for an exhibition, not to mention a regular season game.  Plus, if the casual fans comes to see an exhibition at a less-than-regular-season-price, and likes what they see and experience, they might just come back and bring a friend or family with them.  Marketing 101...and I actually learned that at The University of Akron!

8 hours ago, zippy-claws said:

Sure they cost something to produce, but why would I pay more than $10 to watch an exhibition game for a sport that doesn't draw over 500 people to most games and pay $20 for a hot dog and a large Pepsi just for myself, and then listen to the University and admin complain that no one comes to the games?  Get real, they cost something to produce whether I'm in a seat or not, and if I and another couple hundred people decide it's not worth the price, then that's zero towards the cost, vs. maybe covering some by offering at least a bargain for an exhibition, not to mention a regular season game.  Plus, if the casual fans comes to see an exhibition at a less-than-regular-season-price, and likes what they see and experience, they might just come back and bring a friend or family with them.  Marketing 101...and I actually learned that at The University of Akron!

Uh, ok. Have a nice day.

Overall, no matter how this game turns out, know that this game is just the beginning. 

There's a women's basketball program in Central Ohio that has very high expectations this year and they came out flat against USC on a neutral court. The defending national champions with a lot of key players back, two big transfer pick ups, and the 2nd best freshman in one of the best NCAAW classes ever (I'm my opinion), lost to #20 Colorado by 14 points (92-78).

This program lost to Oakland last year by 7 (67-74). Win or lose in overtime, it's impressive that with all these transfers they don't look as flat as some programs have looked today. It feels like this team will only improve the more time they get on the court together (which is probably a big factor in their high number of turnovers right now).

Edited by mes102