2023-24 MAC & CBB Season

Let'sGoZips94

17 hours ago, zipsrule said:

There's a few decent teams, but probably not a 1-11 schedule.

More than a few decent teams, but you're correct, not a 1-11 schedule for a traditional Buffalo team. 

18 hours ago, zipsrule said:

Kent goes down 66-46.

That's an average-at-best Saint Mary's team, too, at least by their standards.

5 hours ago, RoyalBlu said:

Looks like several key injuries have knocked Kent back a few pegs. Sounds like one or two key guys are out for at least a month ... if not the season.

What a gosh darn shame... My sympathy cup couldn't be emptier. 

8 minutes ago, zipsrule said:

Ohio goes down 72-69 to Davidson.

That was an ugly game. Neither team is very good. Glad to see OU sink back to .500.

Bolts win. Seems like they’ll be just fine even with injuries. Toledo beats Ohio to rebound from an underachieving conference play. Western Michigan wrapping up an upset against Miami. Eastern and BG having the game of the year. Weird opener for the MAC🤣

3 minutes ago, csims0917 said:

Bolts win. Seems like they’ll be just fine even with injuries. Toledo beats Ohio to rebound from an underachieving conference play. Western Michigan wrapping up an upset against Miami. Eastern and BG having the game of the year. Weird opener for the MAC🤣

Mixed up the lineup and put in 2 new starters tonight.

BG and Eastern in a barn burner.  88-87 EMU with 2 minutes left.  EMU is better WITHOUT Bates.

I like that the MAC is down this year. Maybe a one seed difference depending on a “good” year? The champ is a 13-14 seed usually with the occasional 12. Those seeds have upsets all the time.

We’ve been challenged in OOC and I would think we still get James Madison. I think many would think this season is only a success if we win the MAC and hopefully a NCAA win with that. Chances only increase with a weaker conference, whereas the chances are none if we slip up in Cleveland.