2023-24 MAC & CBB Season

Let'sGoZips94

What's OU's issue right now?  They lost either Elmore James or AJ Brown to a season-ending injury, didn't they?  With those two in the backcourt (as long as the TP didn't gut them) I thought OU was going to be a monster for the next 3 years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

What's OU's issue right now?  They lost either Elmore James or AJ Brown to a season-ending injury, didn't they?  With those two in the backcourt (as long as the TP didn't gut them) I thought OU was going to be a monster for the next 3 years.

AJ Brown is out for the year with a shoulder issue. Miles Brown has missed a lot of time but might be coming back soon. Jaylin Hunter has struggled from the perimeter a lot. With Dwight Wilson gone, there hasn't been any inside/post game and there's a general lack of large bodies. Generally speaking, at least to this point in the season, we struggle to shoot the ball and seem to find ways to lose tight games. Nearly all of the losses have been 6 points or less. Multiple losses had horrid free throw shooting. The last game vs NIU showed some promise with shots falling and making smart decisions with the ball, but at this point, that game feels like the anomaly in the season compared to the rest of the games played. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, zipsrule said:

As of this morning we are at 94 on Kenpom.  Then next MAC team is Toledo at 136.  Eight of the teams are at 212 and below.

BG is 212. That just has to be tough to be 11-4, the best record they've had in who knows how long only to be ranked in the bottom half of the country

I suspect Mr. Pinky is having some attitude issues with his roster and is working through them.  Last night, Sullinger didn't start and Bass, last year's MAC Freshman of the year at CMU, played only 4 minutes.  I know he shook up the starting lineup against Ball State also.