Game 19- Ohio

The Ohio University Bobcats come to the JAR Tuesday night to face the Zips.  The Bobcats are 8-9 heading into a home game tonight against Eastern Michigan.

Ohio enters the matchup with EMU with a 2-3 mark in MAC play after defeating Central Michigan on Tuesday.  The Bobcats average 78.6 points per game, while shooting .455 from the field, .341 from three and 70.8 percent from the line..  Bobcat scoring is pretty balanced with 4 players averaging between 11.7 and 13.5 ppg, with Jaylin Hunter leading scoring at 13.5 ppg.  Their top player, second team All-MAC preseason second teamer AJ Brown, is out for the season with a shoulder injury.

The natives in Athens are getting restless with the lack progress in the program since Jeff Boals arrival.  Thus far, he has been 86-56 at OU.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

The Ohio University Bobcats come to the JAR Tuesday night to face the Zips.  The Bobcats are 8-9 heading into a home game tonight against Eastern Michigan.

Ohio enters the matchup with EMU with a 2-3 mark in MAC play after defeating Central Michigan on Tuesday.  The Bobcats average 78.6 points per game, while shooting .455 from the field, .341 from three and 70.8 percent from the line..  Bobcat scoring is pretty balanced with 4 players averaging between 11.7 and 13.5 ppg, with Jaylin Hunter leading scoring at 13.5 ppg.  Their top player, second team All-MAC preseason second teamer AJ Brown, is out for the season with a shoulder injury.

The natives in Athens are getting restless with the lack progress in the program since Jeff Boals arrival.  Thus far, he has been 86-56 at OU.

Imagine if he never had Preston or if the transfer portal was more wide open like it is today and Preston would've left. 

3 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Imagine if he never had Preston or if the transfer portal was more wide open like it is today and Preston would've left. 

I worried when they brought him on that they would get back to being competitive really fast and overcome the years of Saul but it hasn't happened, at least yet.

AJ Brown is done for the year and Elmore James likely will not play, so 40% of the starting lineup is out. Generally speaking, we don't shoot it well. Or rebound well. Or win tight games. I'd be surprised if Ohio can keep this game within 10 points. EMU rolled over and played dead on Saturday, I don't expect Akron to do that. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Rufus said:

AJ Brown is done for the year and Elmore James likely will not play, so 40% of the starting lineup is out. Generally speaking, we don't shoot it well. Or rebound well. Or win tight games. I'd be surprised if Ohio can keep this game within 10 points. EMU rolled over and played dead on Saturday, I don't expect Akron to do that. 

Has the university rescinded Boals' diploma? 

9 minutes ago, zipsrule said:

Line is Akron by 7.5.

Feels low considering the injury situation OU is dealing with according to @Rufus . Hope we are getting over this flu bug as a team and don't have a let down after the Can't game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LZIp said:

Feels low considering the injury situation OU is dealing with according to @Rufus . Hope we are getting over this flu bug as a team and don't have a let down after the Can't game.

I'm hoping it's more of a Dayton/Duquesne situation where there is more important action for The Books to focus their attention and this one wasn't dug into as much. 

Generally, Ohio has either won by double figures, or lost close. While hurt and underperforming, guys like Jaylin Hunter and AJ Clayton can get hot and make things interesting. Freeman presents quite the mismatch for them so if he’s got to pass out of doubles tonight, the supporting cast needs to knock down some shots. If they can do that, this could be easy. I’d like to not see another slow start at the JAR tonight. 

• Like 1

Ohio lost their stud transfer QB to Bama. 

Let's kick em while they're down. Go Zips!

z.i.P.S. BobcatAttack is doing Freeman stat line predictions for tonight. Not sure if it's a reverse jinx or they really hate their team that much.

FearLeon: Give your best Freeman stat prediction for tonight's game.

Here is mine.

28 Points
14 Rebounds
3 Blocks

Edited by Let'sGoZips94

17 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Ohio lost their stud transfer QB to Bama. 

Let's kick em while they're down. Go Zips!

z.i.P.S. BobcatAttack is doing Freeman stat line predictions for tonight. Not sure if it's a reverse jinx or they really hate their team that much.

FearLeon: Give your best Freeman stat prediction for tonight's game.

Here is mine.

28 Points
14 Rebounds
3 Blocks

Okie State to OU to Bama without playing a down is quite impressive. I’d assume walk on at Bama…

Edit: actually think that account is fake. It duped some media members though. 

Edited by LZIp