Game 19- Ohio

17 minutes ago, LZIp said:

OU played hard, but I don’t think we played well at all as a team. With that said, still beat the spread. really does feel like we’re in a class of our own this year.

Really balanced on offense tonight which was nice to see.

It wasn't the prettiest win but I'm not giving it back!

• Like 1

A few thoughts:

- Ugly game. I was really hoping we'd put them away early and never look back but we kept letting them hang around. 

- Thornton only played 4 more minutes than Tavari. He's also pretty clearly behind Scott at this point. Just doesn't do enough on the offensive end.

- Tribble has ended up with 4+ fouls in 4 of the last 6 games.

- Hunter is trigger-shy from 3. Passed up a bunch of open looks tonight.

I feel silly nitpicking with a 7-0 MAC team, but I think that record is more reflective of the league than it is this team. We have a long, long way to go if we want to win the MAC Tournament and have a shot at a March Madness win.

On 1/23/2024 at 9:58 PM, LoyalZIP said:

Great, gritty team win. Never really let them get too close for comfort. Jaylin Hunter for OU has Brett McClanahan syndrome.

Outside of a couple of games, Hunter has struggled big time from the arc. Last year's 3-point percentage from him seems to have been an anomaly. At least to this point. 

• Like 1

On 1/23/2024 at 7:49 PM, Zippy87 said:

A few thoughts:

- Ugly game. I was really hoping we'd put them away early and never look back but we kept letting them hang around. 

- Thornton only played 4 more minutes than Tavari. He's also pretty clearly behind Scott at this point. Just doesn't do enough on the offensive end.

- Tribble has ended up with 4+ fouls in 4 of the last 6 games.

- Hunter is trigger-shy from 3. Passed up a bunch of open looks tonight.

I feel silly nitpicking with a 7-0 MAC team, but I think that record is more reflective of the league than it is this team. We have a long, long way to go if we want to win the MAC Tournament and have a shot at a March Madness win.

When doubleteamed Freeman has started to pass to the open man, but too many times our guards and even Ali and Hunter pass up open shots. We ne3d someone to man up and hit some shots-doesn't have to be a 3 pointer. Oh how this team could use a good shooting guard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zipnetter1951 said:

When doubleteamed Freeman has started to pass to the open man, but too many times our guards and even Ali and Hunter pass up open shots. We ne3d someone to man up and hit some shots-doesn't have to be a 3 pointer. Oh how this team could use a good shooting guard.

Need a little more movement and creativity when Enrique gets doubled. A lot of stagnation and standing still watching and waiting for him to do something. I'm sure Groce will adjust as we go

2 hours ago, zipnetter1951 said:

I know.  Maybe with a shooting guard they would he undefeated in league play.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1