Transfer Portal

18 hours ago, Illini Zip said:

I think Groce will continue to recruit high school players while also keeping a certain percentage of the roster for senior transfers. So there will still be some GT types that go the distance. Just not full recruiting classes like before. I agree that this makes maintaining a culture far more difficult.

I'm curious how much of our high school recruiting strategy is based on making contact with players who we know are not going to come to Akron out of high school, but will potentially be in the portal in a year or two and we want them to already be familiar with Akron. 

• Like 4

Hard to pass up a chance to be a Paladin (what the hell is a paldain?).  Maybe they offered his uncle a bench job.

According to Wikipedia, The Paladins, also called the Twelve Peers, are twelve legendary knights, the foremost members of Charlemagne's court in the 8th century.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I agree that Hardman is a good addition. It will take him time to learn what Groce's defense is all about. Still Groce would not have recruited him if he didn't think Bowen could learn to play defense the way we he coaches. I also agree with fellow posters who want another big. That is absolutely essential if we are going to into the second round of playoffs as Bud has stated as our goal. Keep the program progressing.

8 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Hard to pass up a chance to be a Paladin (what the hell is a paldain?).  Maybe they offered his uncle a bench job.

According to Wikipedia, The Paladins, also called the Twelve Peers, are twelve legendary knights, the foremost members of Charlemagne's court in the 8th century.

Paladin ... "Have Gun, will Travel"

Fits him well.

2 hours ago, RoyalBlu said:

Paladin ... "Have Gun, will Travel"

Fits him well.

Indeed it fits him well. Remember Paladin was a hired gun and I'm sure Jalen received more NIL from Furman than Kent was willing to pay.

So in a rebuilding year the Zips added two transfers from WVU, one from NC, one from OSU and another from Cornell. While also bringing in the top high school basketball player in the state of West Virginia? 

I'm so ready for this. 

• Like 5