All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. the middle ones on white look blurry to me. I like the blue on gold.
  3. Huggins told Dennison to not name him head coach. Peggy Elliot insisted because of diversity. Super nice guy but a lousy head coach.
  4. Yesterday
  5. Good eye, @Illini Zip! They do look quite different 👀👀
  6. And here the three combinations are tweaked to appear the same, but the line weights are different. I suggest someone take this advice to heart.
  7. I took a moment to recreate the Akron Logo to illustrate my point. This is the three ways the logo appears on the Akron jersey. They are all scaled exactly the same. But notice how the top one appears to be thicker than the others. This is the color combination I like the best.
  8. Some of the most unwatchable offensive Zips basketball ever.
  9. UMass NIL Collective calls out fans for not doing enough. That's certainly a decision.
  10. Their fan base is pissed. A10 Twitter right now has George Mason as the punchline to all their jokes. "I would like to congratulate Duquesne on no longer having the worst logo in the A10"
  11. A lot of times a school's athletic logos become so iconic that the academic side takes it over and uses it as well. Texas, Miami (FL), Oklahoma, Texas A&M, and Ohio State are all good examples. George Mason feels like the complete opposite. An academic logo that's being used by sports teams. It's not a bad logo, but it's a bad sports logo. Having said that, their pre-2004 logo was even worse and their 2004-2024 logo wasn't anything special either. So chances are their fanbase won't really care.
  12. That A-Roo head is my least favorite... by a mile 😂
  13. I like her, especially her hustle on defense.
  14. Huh. Just goes to show you how subjective taste is. I think Vanderbilt's is the most boring and therefore bad of the group. Simple block letters may be sported by some iconic schools but you can't shortcut your way to icon status by copying their logo, and I say again, Vanderbilt's is boring. The Michigan block M is boring. I actually like Western Michigan's...the drawback to having brown as one of your primary colors is obvious, so I admire any team with the guts to do it. Come to think of it, all NE Ohio football fans should understand what I'm saying. I'm neutral on both Akron's and George Mason's. My alltime favorite Akron logo is the A with the kangaroo head.
  15. There's a difference between rebranding to a corporate aesthetic and rebranding to be more modern while maintaining the college aesthetic. Vanderbilt's is borderline but sharp. It screams Ivy League School of the SEC. Akron's is both sharp and sporty. George Mason looks like they're hosting the east coast knock-off version of the Waste Management Open. Western's is just atrocious. They did themselves no favors when they look into a frat house toilet on a Sunday morning for inspiration when picking their school's colors.
  16. I'm a big fan of the logo on the Penn State football helmets.
  17. I don't know a lot about Brown & Davis, but Wigal is an interesting pickup. She was a really good basketball player at Granville, and I heard she's actually a really good golfer as well, finishing 4th in the state in D1 one year. She didn't play much at Liberty, but going off how I've heard Coach Gensler talk about how he wants to play via interviews/podcasts, Wigal would fit in. Here's a video I found of her highlights from her sophomore year of HS.
  18. I knew it was a long shot, but Emma Shumate ended up at Michigan State today. I'm just glad that she won't be in the MAC if it wasn't Akron. I was getting worried she might go to that Portage school with her older sister just finishing her college career there this season.
  19. @mes102 Thanks. What do you know about our newest signings...Ella Wigal, Shelbee Brown and Jaela Davis?
  20. The only one that has end up at YSU so far from those in the portal is Lewandowski. Bass might end up at Purdue.
  21. For me personally, there is too much variance in the execution/application of the Akron logo. Sometimes the letter strokes appear thicker or thinner depending on the background. It’s not a mathematical problem, it’s an optical illusion problem. The fuller thicker line version is much more preferred.
  22. I have no problem with schools switching to simplistic monogram logos. Most of the biggest schools in the country are known for their iconic logos. Michigan, NotreDame, Ohio State, etc. The real problem is in the execution. Vanderbilt and UA did a great job. Western is blah and George Mason is terrible.
  23. 'Western' is certainly going all in on their directional identity. Then again, I can't say we'll never end up in a NEO directional conglomeration.
  24. lol, well it is a chat/message board, that’s kinda what we do here…discuss things. I don’t care what you do and I’m not judging what kind of parent you are or aren’t. My point is that what they are doing isn’t that different than a traditional spring game and I was curious why you are so adamant about not going. It has nothing to do with you being a parent or not, it’s a general question for anyone so upset about the format. Seems like a non issue to me. And by the way, what type of football are you used to seeing that I’m not??
  1. Load more activity