Jump to content

zippy5

Members
  • Posts

    8,127
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    141

Everything posted by zippy5

  1. That is very nice
  2. I'd rather have the ability to do both, however UA doesn't have the resources for that.
  3. I sense sarcasm. But that's what makes UA what it is. Let's face it, UA isn't Harvard. No one's coming here for the prestige. If we make it more oriented towards well-rounded students vs job-ready students then I think we lose one of the advantages we have. Then we're just another Can't State/YSU state school.
  4. I loved UA because it prepared me for the workforce. Maybe I'm in the minority, but that's the #1 thing I'd want out of school, no?
  5. I can't argue with any of that
  6. If it wasn't profitable for the bowl, they wouldn't run it. Paying for travel of a few hundred people would probably make it unprofitable which would = no bowl game. No one forces a team to accept the bid and go lose money.
  7. Rodgers has never said he likes them inflated over the max has he? All he's done is say he likes them inflated as much as possible.. What's wrong with that? Everyone has preferences
  8. Oh yes, a bowl game 9 years ago. It's just a logo, I'm not really interested in arguing much further lol.
  9. Like it or not football is the most visible. Football has stunk.
  10. I agree. "Tech" doesn't mean we are any less of an institution. There are plenty of other reasons to not like the name change.
  11. It's just blah. It's associated with a losing period in our athletic department. The Z is simple and unique and represents the Zips new brand going forward.
  12. Cause its ugly
  13. I don't care one way or the other really, but the backlash already makes me think it's a bad idea. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
  14. That wasn't cool
  15. 3 team divisions is the second dumbest idea I've heard in a long time, with the winner being playing teams twice in CFB.
  16. 27-14 isn't too shabby
  17. Maybe I missed something but I'm pretty sure the initial shot was fired by a browns fan, no?
  18. Maybe because 7th or 8th in some leagues are better than the champs of other leagues. The NCAA is doing us mid-majors a favor by throwing a bone to each conference champ, let's not get greedy.
  19. Exactly. TB isn't describing a read option. Read option is reading the DE, not a receiver. Not sure what he's describing but I'm not a fan of locking on 1 WR then figuring it out.
  20. That sucks
  21. That was fun when we did that in flag football a while back but this is D-1 football
  22. I wouldn't be surprised if he recruited well without having the burden of trying to figure out how to coach at the same time.
  23. You should have known better than to bring up OSU in a negative light
×
×
  • Create New...