Jump to content

zipsfan33

Members
  • Posts

    433
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    5

Everything posted by zipsfan33

  1. I'll believe it when I see it!
  2. Back in November the gate was wide open for a number of days! It appears that a number of people got in! I saw it open twice and once i later saw a huge man door open about 3 feet. I know a buddy who went in and got pictures of the mess throughout. Plus he got to sit in his "seat" one last time!
  3. The fact you sat anywhere close to someone is amazing...unless it was before 1992?!?
  4. The place needs completely revamped. All places (locker rooms, restroom, press box, etc) have been (completely) destroyed by vandals. If the place was considered a dump before.... I don't know how to classify it now. Most of the bleachers are cracked (more-so now) some are even broken off and or missing. I just don't see them being able to fix it up by start of the league in 2014 even if they started today!
  5. I coach High School baseball... come on rain!!!! Sorry Guys!!!!
  6. Great for Luke! He will no doubt beat us in the future! That however will not ever change the fact that Luke had one of the greatest years in Zips history!
  7. But hey, if we can get past 2013 we have to play @Penn St. and Pitt! Glad to see it will be easier down the road!
  8. I think he is a good coordinator...Just as Pat Shurmur is a good coordinator. He certainly is not a good head coach. I just would like to see what he can do with the Zips in 2-3 years of coaching them. Now that he can insert some of "his" guys in lets see what the Chest can do. I dont think he doesn't relate to the players. I am thrilled to have Buckley as part of the staff...did the DB's have a great year.... no way, but does that make Buckley a bad coach? Jury is still out on him I suppose, but I know there is onlt one way for the defense as a whole to go ....and I for one would like to see it happen with Amato manning the ship.
  9. Or relating it to football... The Zips vs. anyone in D1 lol
  10. Could the fact that Amato is interviewing around be part of the reason TB gave up his OC duties so he could pay more attention to the defense? Hmmmmmmm
  11. I don't think it is fair college coaches can move laterally, I know you can't do that in the nfl!
  12. Anyone worried about losing Chuck? I think if our defensive unit is going to come together it is going to be under him...Thoughts? http://www.sbnation.com/2012/12/31/3821756...ope-chuck-amato
  13. Im not sure that you can quote a credible source that has this in the first section before any stats are shown: Akron Overall Record: 212-238-7 (.646) I am no math genius but I know that a losing record is NOT over .600
  14. Personally, if I was the only one in attendance I would still root for my Zips! I love this team no matter what. They aren't the best, but I don't care. I am a fan, I get mad when they play lousy, but I have faith that the coaches will coach them up and help them improve for the next game. I am a proud 2 time alum from Akron and I will support them through thick and thin.
  15. On the surface the hiring of Haynes doesn't look great, but somehow the statistics look a lot better than I remember OSU or Arkansas being. In 2011 OSU and the 19th ranked D in the nation?!? Another thing his bio lists him as a Can't Stater from 1987-1992...sounds about right...6 years to graduate? Did they do redshirting back then?
  16. I'd rather have Dalton/Pohl any day! "Hi-yo, Silver! Away!
  17. I'm not so sure...didn't the 05 band feature the guy in the electric wheelchair...I'm no band geek, but that was awesome!!!
  18. Here's an idea... Lets have the 2005 team play the 2012 team!
  19. As my dad always used to say, "Sometimes its better to be lucky than good!"
  20. I know Lynch was great at Qb for NIU, but how is Dalton not at least Honorable Mention? I just looked it up....They dont give that one out...still I feel we got cheated... I guess that's the luck of a 1-11 progrum!
  21. I am assuming these 3 players survived the hot potato test and did not fumble in their tryouts?
  22. "That play was set up when Pohl was still the holder for field goals, as soon as they moved that to Paul, about mid season, the play should have been thrown out" I don't recall Pohl holding. Do you mean D'Orozo?
  23. Yeah that really seemed to be the beginning of the end.
  24. And that should seal it... Nice debut (basically) KP16
  25. Im starting to see how this is going to end. The writing is on the wall.
×
×
  • Create New...