2015 Bowl Thread

LZIp

Somebody brought up the issue of attendance and how that might adversely affect an Akron bowl placement.Any thoughts? Doubt many of us poor folk are going to be able to go to the Bahamas on XMAS Eve. Maybe the best thing that could happen is that Akron gets sent to Detroit. Probably more accessible all around than any of the other possibilities.

Detroit?!!!! Imagine that! Umm,IF its Detroit wanna know how many of you all were actually booking to the Bitchamas? I know we will see at least 20,000 of you in the motor city,right?

Didn't you read?? Hilltopper said so!!! :)

Not that I wouldn't love it,BUT not quite ready to make a hotel reservation with the info at hand! Nothing personal. In 2005 it was put out pretty quickly after the Zips won that they would be playing Memphis in the MCB. I know there was more of a tie in,but at this point the powers that be know where they want to send everyone. Quicklane w/NCSate and Akron would seem like a natural. Two teams that are off the radar. The former NCState coach,The Chest is the Akron DC. Go for it!

I really hope my source is right, it would be the best possible scenario for the Zips.

Yes it would ... And make positive financial contribution ...... Making the big wheels and financial haters happy ..... A very successful season all around !

Edited by Jrship35

Western Michigan, Middle Tennessee to meet in Bahamas Bowl

On Saturday night, Middle Tennessee announced it was accepting a bid to the Bahamas Bowl. Western Michigan is expected to receive a bid in the coming days.

For what its worth, Bryan Fischer of Bleacher Report has us in the Cure Bowl in Orlando. That game is Dec 19th at 7 pm.

For anyone traveling now a days, check fly.com before you book. I have had good luck with them recently. Example, CLE to Orlando on the 19th right now shows Frontier $138 round trip non stop w/ tax. I've noticed a price difference from early morning pricing to late afternoon. Book early morning.

​Side note: Bernie Kosar showed highlights of the Zips beating Can't and congratulated coach Bowden and coach Amato on his Sports Zone Show on Sunday night.

Edited by Dr Z
  • Like 1

It's a shame thereWeather might be a concern Chicago, but Indy has a dome.

This is why there are few bowls north of the Mason-Dixon line. The Pinstripe and Potato Bowls are anomalies to a large extent. Everyone poo-poos the Potato Bowl but Boise is a beautiful city that falls within the shadows of the Rocky Mountains.

That's why I specifically mentioned the cities that I did. If they were to schedule another bowl game up north, I feel the only outdoor facility they would consider is Soldier Field due to the prime market size and the fact Chicago attracts tourism. I included Indy because of its retractable roof facility and its knack for hosting large scale events.

I think Toronto would be a good fit, assuming they can fit a football field inside that dome of theirs used for baseball like the Pinstripe bowl.

The Argonauts used to play there, so fitting a field isn't an issue. It wasn't bad the 1st time they tried it.

Edited by johnnyzip84

I went to the Rogers Centre for the Bills game in 2013 - it was very nice, and the crew knew what they were doing when converting the field. I would outfit all my friends in Zips gear and make a strong showing if Toronto brought an NCAA bowl game back!

I went to the Rogers Centre for the Bills game in 2013 - it was very nice, and the crew knew what they were doing when converting the field. I would outfit all my friends in Zips gear and make a strong showing if Toronto brought an NCAA bowl game back!

And we'd all enjoy some poutine before the game! :wave: