Game 20—@Ball State

Dr Z

32 minutes ago, ZachTheZip said:

Both records should stand. The introduction of the 3-point line is such a fundamental change to the game that it's not fair to make comparisons.

Agree.  Adjusting Jimond's score to the 2 point era when there was no shot clock either appeared to be diminishing his accomplishment.   Apples to Oranges.

12 hours ago, NWAkron said:

Steve McNees against Eastern Michigan at the Q to send it into double or triple OT.  Off his back foot over a defender.  It's on YouTube

I was at that game and you are right, great shot.  No hesitation, he was going to take that shot from the get go.  I would have to rate them equal.  McNees did it at the Q.  Jimond did it in a game where he score over 40 points.  It wasn't just one shot, he played the entire game in the zone.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NWAkron said:

Steve McNees against Eastern Michigan at the Q to send it into double or triple OT.  Off his back foot over a defender.  It's on YouTube

And if he doesn't hit that shot, we get eliminated in the Quarterfinals, and don't make it to the title game in 2010.

The following year,  we had ANOTHER double OT game in the Quarterfinals to get past Miami, or we don't win the title that year.    Which included a heart-stopping two blocked shots at the end of Overtime by Zeke and McNees to save that game at the end. 

Man, we've sure seen some crazy basketball games around here.  

6 hours ago, skip-zip said:

And if he doesn't hit that shot, we get eliminated in the Quarterfinals, and don't make it to the title game in 2010.

The following year,  we had ANOTHER double OT game in the Quarterfinals to get past Miami, or we don't win the title that year.    Which included a heart-stopping two blocked shots at the end of Overtime by Zeke and McNees to save that game at the end. 

Man, we've sure seen some crazy basketball games around here.  

Not to mention the following...

2011(?) Finals against Can't, where it took OT AND 2 block shots on KSU's final possession (one by Zeke, one by McNees) to win. 

2009(?) first round (this was the year they played all the games at the Q) against Toledo, with a 3 by Humpty Hitchens to tie it (to send it to OT maybe?), and a Brett McKnight alley-oop lay-in to win it. We went on to win the title that year. 4 tournament games in 5 days I believe.

2008 against OU at the JAR. Linhart's reach-back-rebound-and-put-back to go ahead, leaving just enough time for Bubba Walther to come down and flop on his head.

2007(?) at Can't with LeBron in attendance. I believe we beat them in OT. I forget if it was Dials or Romeo Travis who hit the game winning shot or free throws, but that was crazy. Similarly as crazy was the game where Singletary (.13) punched Linhart and was ejected less than a minute into the game. I can't believe we still lost that.

VCU and ranked Nevada, those were great games that ended in losses (damn free throws). 

We have definitely witnessed some crazy basketball games.

Edit: Just realized you already referenced the 2011 game. My bad.

Edited by Let'sGoZips94

Yes guys, those are some other good ones.  

feetg10....I don't remember Travis fouling out, but Joyce fouled out.  Dials had to play the point for the entire overtime, and delivered that pass to Wood on a drive and dish.  

And remember this:  A week later we played that same Kent team in the MAC Semifinal, and went on a 2nd half scoring barrage to win and reach the finals, after trailing by 14 at the half.  

On 1/28/2018 at 1:53 AM, NWAkron said:

Yep, I was thinking about that shot also.

Hate how terrible that quality is of the video. I am the original uploader

Edited by bUAkronG
  • Like 1