Class of '22 Verbal Commits

We always called it Akron U growing up. It was an informal term of endearment, actually. I’ve gotten away from calling it that just because I know a lot of ppl don’t like it. But whenever talking about the school I always say “Akron,” and never the full (formal) The University of Akron.

In fact, when we’d play touch football in someone’s back yard, instead of counting “One Mississippi, two Mississippi…” we’d count, “One Akron U, two Akron U…etc.”

Edited by Blue & Gold
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AKSportsFan said:

Does anyone else cringe as hard as me when you see a recruit say they were offered by "Akron University"? It's downright painful for me.

Dislike it but I give them a pass since they're looking at a lot of different schools and they probably blend together a bit. Someone from NEO should be able to get it right though.

6 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

@bigjim ^^this is why keeping track of walk-ons can be difficult.  I wouldn't be surprised if Niko Paxos is a walk-on, but I don't really know.

I believe he is a walk-on. 247 hasn't heard of him. Wonder about 2 things:

1) does he know about the FCS kicker joining the team?

2) is he any good at soccer?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

I noticed this on Twitter about 20 min after it was posted.  I shot over to 247 and they already had him updated as an Akron commit.  Either there's a new focus on G5 recruiting over at 247, or someone from the staff is feeding them info so it gets updated.

4 minutes ago, RowdyZip said:

I noticed this on Twitter about 20 min after it was posted.  I shot over to 247 and they already had him updated as an Akron commit.  Either there's a new focus on G5 recruiting over at 247, or someone from the staff is feeding them info so it gets updated.

It's my understanding that 247 only takes info from the school and my guess that previous coaching staffs were not real good about submitting info to 247.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Zipmeister said:

It's my understanding that 247 only takes info from the school and my guess that previous coaching staffs were not real good about submitting info to 247.

Much appreciated.  Seems like another area for some free publicity that was completely neglected by previous staffs.  You know these kids are out there reading this site, why wouldn't you want to keep it as updated as possible?

I guess, unless all your kids only had one FBS offer....

Edited by RowdyZip
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I know many of you don't care about "stars" or ratings but I do 😉

247 MAC Recruiting

We are not rated last in the MAC anymore

We have the highest average player rating.  

If you were to factor in the transfer players we have brought in I am guessing we would be near the top.  

We also have the highest rated incoming player in Jacques-Louis (.876).  

Imagine what this staff will do with a full year under their belts and wind at our backs!!!!!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, a-zip said:

247 MAC Recruiting

We are not rated last in the MAC anymore (AS PREDICTED BY ZIPMEISTER)

If you were to factor in the transfer players we have brought in I am guessing we would be near the top.  

Imagine what this staff will do with a full year under their belts and wind at our backs!!!!!

Plus we have a bunch of guys 247 is currently showing as zero stars that are likely to be upgraded to at least 2 stars (although the same may happen to the other MAC schools).

33 minutes ago, a-zip said:

Those non-believers are the scum of the earth as far as I'm concerned. 😁

I'm happy the stars are aligning for Joe & Co. Putting together a nice class for having such an incredibly late start. 

Bowden predicted with the advent of the early signing period, that the traditional February signing day would fast become a "non-event". But it seems with the rampant transfers, coaching changes, rescinded scholarship offers, etc. February remains very relevant. Lots of talent remains available in January.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, a-zip said:

247 MAC Recruiting

I’m not saying I’m a stars guy or not but I’m about looking at the info and making a opinion.  A lot of the information on there is hard to verify.  I look at this and say Miami has the best recruiting staff & worst coaching staff in league.  They have had the best recruiting class for years but are only 500 every year,  i just believe there is more than just stars & i think most coaches preach that, it’s the system we have, but it has some flaws & yes, i get it the best programs get the 4 & 5 stars but everyone else needs to find what works best in there system, kids that can stay eligible, stay out of trouble & get depth because the best ability is availability & we run into this every year with injuries & next man up sucks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a-zip said:

247 MAC Recruiting

There's actually a way to look at HS recruits, transfers, and overall class ratings now.

We are 2nd in transfer rating behind Buffalo. 11th in HS recruits, and 8th overall.

Jacques-Louis' rating is actually a bit misleading. His HS rating is .876. He hasn't been given a "transfer" rating yet (which would be lower), like Alex Adams, who has a .8863 HS rating and a .86 transfer rating. Him, Victor Jones, Max Banes, and Cam Threatt all haven't been given a transfer rating.

Still a lot of updating to do and good results overall however considering all circumstances.

247 has our mystery Cincinnati OL commit listed.  It's Jourden Hale.  I was wondering if it was him but he hasn't tweeted anything official yet.  Since 247 has the 411 (do the cool kids still say that, or is that pre-Google) I'll go ahead and put him on the updated Post #1.

Edited by Blue & Gold
  • Like 1