Class of '23 Offers & Verbal Commits

33 minutes ago, Hilltopper said:

Holy 💩 what?!

Former top 20 player in the state of New Jersey. Had offers from Duke, VT, Rutgers, UCLA, Marshall, Temple out of high school. FCS interest this time around but could be quite the get. Competition is going to be solid in the QB room, and he has 3 years of eligibility. 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Hilltopper said:

Tahj HS Article

Love the signing. Undercuffler is a just a solid back up and Iron’s shoulder situation makes him tough to bank on…we needed a P5 talent in the ‘23 QB mix if we want to make any noise this year. 

We’ve won 8 games in the past 5 combined seasons, so “noise” is relative…but I really expect a .500 season this fall. 

We will have a sideline full of transfer soldiers-of-fortune, but hopefully they have something to prove, and gel as the season progresses. 

Arth was building a team like he had 6 years to start winning. Joe obviously has a more expedited timetable. So many new faces!

I’m chomping at the bit to see sports books come out with their win total numbers for the MAC. Put the farm on the over, I’m expecting it to be around 3.5. 

Edit: sure enough, Draft Kings has it at 3.5. You’re welcome 😉 

Edited by LoyalZIP
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, LoyalZIP said:

I’m chomping at the bit to see sports books come out with their win total numbers for the MAC. Put the farm on the over, I’m expecting it to be around 3.5. 

Edit: sure enough, Draft Kings has it at 3.5. You’re welcome 😉 

@GoZips88 3.5 - just like I said last night.

cmt look at it GIF by The Ed Bassmaster Show

17 hours ago, LZIp said:

Where are all the scholarships coming from lol

Here is a good start to the multiple choice answer to your question..........

A. No problem, ZipsNation members have wildly over estimated the number of scholarships that were outstanding before those offered in the first post in this thread. 

B. Problem, Both the estimated existing and the new scholarships reflected in the first post to this thread are accurate and NCAA punitive measures for the program are just around the corner. 

C. Somebodies going to be ticked, The estimated number of existing scholarships is correct and to avoid NCAA penalties mentioned above some existing scholarships get yanked. 

45 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Another position of need (with Brank transferring and Clark injury) addressed!

Coach JRod wasn’t kidding! Here’s Newell’s profile and film. I don’t know anything about Oregon high school football, but it seems Newell wasn’t always playing against the best competition. Still, he’s definitely a talent and will likely prove to be another great pickup.

11 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

The amount of talent that has been brought in since JoeMo arrived is incredible. 

Please, PLEASE translate to W's in the fall.

I believe there is enough talent in place to win every game this year outside of Indiana and Kentucky. The caveat to that is I’m afraid this team will need to learn how to win consistently. I suspect we drop 1 or 2 that we should win in 2023. 

9 minutes ago, catdaddyp said:

I believe there is enough talent in place to win every game this year outside of Indiana and Kentucky. The caveat to that is I’m afraid this team will need to learn how to win consistently. I suspect we drop 1 or 2 that we should win in 2023. 

8-4 it is then. I'd happily take that lol

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, catdaddyp said:

You don't think we have the talent to knock off at least Indiana? They're O/U is ~3 wins. 

19 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

You don't think we have the talent to knock off at least Indiana? They're O/U is ~3 wins. 

That’s a good question. If there’s an P5 upset to be had, that would probably be the one. Even though they are lagging behind many of their Big 10 counterparts in talent, they are still further ahead than us (overall) in that department. I think it comes down to coaching for IU more than anything else. Maybe we catch them on a down day and pull one out. Would love to go into conference play potentially at 3-1.