MAC Men's Basketball 2021-2022

LoyalZIP

15 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Bates had been with WMU basically since 2000. That's a lot of mediocrity to build your career on. 

Per BobcatAttack, Bates has(had?) a commitment from a Javaughn Hannah for next season. Rivals lists him as a 3*, and the 32nd best SG in the country for his class. His offer list is impressive, although most of the offers came earlier in his high school career.

Is Clayton Bates a recruiting sorcerer? 

Look at that kid's offer list 🤯

Just now, LoyalZIP said:

Carry POY

Freeman DPOY

Hamilton 6th man (dumb)

Sparks FOY

Hamilton didn't stick out to me too much when we played them, but then again I can't think of any 6th man that really sticks out.

Pinky with COY...so lucky Sincere's girlfriend attended Kent.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dirtyolcrowe said:

Whitfield out at ball st.

Nine years with the Cardinals for Whitford, who never made the NCAAs and went 131-146. This is a lower-tier MAC job. The school last won a league title in 2001.

Basketball state, nice arena, good school, some history - I'd think BSU would be tearing it up.

53 minutes ago, ZippyRulz said:

Basketball state, nice arena, good school, some history - I'd think BSU would be tearing it up.

I agree, they play in a basketball hungry state with lots of high school talent and pretty good fan support despite being mediocre. It should be one of the better MAC programs IMO. It just hasn't lived up to expectations.

Edited by kreed5120

43 minutes ago, LZIp said:

The MAC (and of course BG) sure miss Chris Jans. NMSU is hanging tough with UNCONN and I think they have a chance to win. The WAC is pretty weak I believe, but they had wins over Wash St and Davidson this season.

I couldn't remember where Chris Jans was from. Thank you for reminding me. 10 pt lead at the half. 

59 minutes ago, LZIp said:

The MAC (and of course BG) sure miss Chris Jans. NMSU is hanging tough with UNCONN and I think they have a chance to win. The WAC is pretty weak I believe, but they had wins over Wash St and Davidson this season.

BGSU makes a lot bad decisions and seem to overreact to situations.  They renamed the Liilian Gish Theatre because of a film she performed in back in 1915.