NLI National Letter of Intent (Late) Day 2022

14 minutes ago, LZIp said:

From our Director of Recruiting. Doesn't seem like any more commits today, at least on scholly. I hope we get a presser or video like in most previous years though with the staff briefly going over each commit.

Interesting. Seems like there might've been some 2023 work during this stretch, as there was the 4* tweet, and another assistance coach mentioned one or two more guys. Makes sense, and I love the efficiency. Very happy with this class in just two months of work from this staff. Well done gentlemen!

Yes, this is a really good class even in a normal recruiting timeframe, but considering the short amount of time they have had to recruit, it's really amazing! Can't wait to see future recruiting classes and finally see the product on the field for the next several years!

Edited by blueandgold
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

On the heels of Michigan/Hoban's Nolan Rumler.

Being a Hoban grad I've kept up with the career of Rumler. I don't know why Michigan did not work out for him. I feel he has the talent to play there. What irks me to no end is that he came home to play at Kent. I blame Arth for not getting him to Akron. He had probably already had his mind made up before JoeMo was hired, yet it is still inconceivable that Kent would seem a better option for him than Akron under JoeMo. Kent got a good one, but under Joe we have a higher ceiling. We are going to soar!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, zips4life20 said:

i dont remember the last time we had so many hosses on the OL/DL. impressive to see these players with size coming in. Now the size has to translate to wins

We have some size coming back at OL with experience finally too.  Gray, Murphy, Robarge, and Williams are all 6'5+, 300+ pounders so it will be interesting to see how the transfers integrate with these guys.  With some improved coaching these guys should do well.  I am especially excited to see Robarge play this year since he was handicaped with a hand injury all season last year and played with a club and still performed well.  Tough for a lineman to block effectively with only one hand to grab with.  With all the new HS additions,  Akron should be in good shape for years to come even if only half of them live up to their billing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 72 Roo said:

Being a Hoban grad I've kept up with the career of Rumler. I don't know why Michigan did not work out for him. I feel he has the talent to play there. What irks me to no end is that he came home to play at Kent. I blame Arth for not getting him to Akron. He had probably already had his mind made up before JoeMo was hired, yet it is still inconceivable that Kent would seem a better option for him than Akron under JoeMo. Kent got a good one, but under Joe we have a higher ceiling. We are going to soar!

As I recall, he is from Kent.  It may have been as easy as "going home" or just seeing 3 wins in three years as opposed to 17.  He and the Hudson kid could have been nice gets but I'm not going to lament it today!.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, bigjim said:

Thank you B&G for the fantastic job that you have done in tracking the commits and signees.  The individual posts were great and staying on top of the lists was even better.  Muchas Gracias!!!

Go Zips!!!!

For sure, brother. That was a lot of fun!!

Go Zips!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheZipCat said:

To the layman...what exactly is a PWO?  Like I know it's Priority (or Preferred Walk On)... but what does that mean in terms of the team, roster and team dynamics?

Someone who is guaranteed a spot on the team for a year that pays their own way. So they are targeted, but not deemed worthy of a scholly, at least right away. Programs usually have 25 or so walk-ons on the roster, whether invited in the recruiting cycle, a school tryout, or whatever other manner.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zipmeister said:

Look at the first post in this thread. Players are listed in alphabetical order by last name.

Thanks, I missed it, I guess. Great day for Akron football. Looking forward to the trip to Detroit again at some point. Soon I hope. Go zips and thanks for all the great reporting from several of you folks.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 72 Roo said:

We had no chance, he lives in Kent & is living at home

• Like 1

Looking at 247, there have been a few updates...

- Marquell Darnell was added, raising Akron's class average rating to .8220. 

- Tyhler Williams, Charles Kellom, and Kiawan Murphy are all still N/A, which I'm not sure will change at this point (although it should, especially Williams). 

- As of this morning, Akron is 7th in the MAC in Overall (Recruits & Transfers) points. 

- Nationally, the MAC order is: Canada (66), Miami OH (84), Toledo (96), PCCC (100), NIU (102), CMU (103), Akron (105), Balls (106), BUGS (119), WMU (121), EMU (126), OU (136).

- Of note: Jackson State (68), Coastal Carolina (86), Liberty (88), Louisiana Monroe (134); no MAC school landed a 4* Recruit

It cannot be stated enough the job this coaching staff did to pull together a near top-half-of-the-MAC & near top-100-nationally class in just 2 months when the majority of schools had both signing periods to bring guys in. I also don't believe we'll be done adding transfers. Spring Ball will shake fruit out of the trees, and we're a perfect landing spot. 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Like 5