Enrique Freeman

53 minutes ago, 1981 grad said:

How high is Enrique's ceiling?  After watching Akron B ball for 25 years, nobody is even close when compared to improvement from year 1 to year 5.  Enrique is quick to the ball for a man his size, athletic, and picks up new skills remarkably well.  Can we see the same jump in years 6 through 8?  If so he could be an NBA player.

It was interesting to watch him in the NBA scrimmages where he did not face a triple team every time he touched the ball and was surrounded with equally talented players.  He played the wing and made some nice 3 pointers.  Remember, that is not a skill set he had last year.  I think playing every day with good coaches that can improve his skills he might be on a NBA team in a couple of years.

I'd say the odds are high that he ultimately ends up in Europe. There are only 450 players in the WORLD in the NBA. I emphasize world as basketball is very much a global sport. The vast majority of 2nd round picks never even make it to a 2nd contract. 

All of this said, it's not intended to be a knock to Freeman. Outside of the EPL, the NBA might be the toughest professional league to go pro in. Freeman has obviously overcome the odds many times so if he does it again, it wouldn't surprise me. I just wouldn't bet on seeing him in the NBA in 3 or 4 years from now.

It's crazy how lazy journalism has become. 90% of the article is the same as the ones I've been reading the past few days. They just insert a little detail at the beginning or end to tailor it to a specific team.

Edited by kreed5120
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

It's crazy how lazy journalism has become. 90% of the article is the same as the ones I've been reading the past for days. They just insert a little detail at the beginning or end to tailor it to a specific team.

probably an AI bot.

17 minutes ago, gozips19 said:

According to this mock draft Freeman is just ahead of Bronny. I don't like the Celtics, but how great would that be to get on a top tier team like that??

40 minutes ago, blueandgold said:

According to this mock draft Freeman is just ahead of Bronny. I don't like the Celtics, but how great would that be to get on a top tier team like that??

The issue is he would be buried in the G-League since their roster is so loaded.

• Like 1