Northern Illinois- 2/17/22

clarkwgriswold

The Zips have another quick turnaround returning from that inexplicable dump they took in Kalamazoo to face NIU at the JAR Thursday night.  The Zips topped NIU in DeKalb last Tuesday 70-64.

6’3” sophomore guard Keshawn Williams continues to lead NIU at 16.2 ppg.  NIU is 6-16/3-9 going onto tonight’s game against Ball State.

2 hours ago, zipsrule said:

I would love to see the Zips come out and execute right out of the gate.  Good passes and shot selection, energy and aggressive defense.  Is it too much to ask for a 6-8 point lead at the half?

We can only hope.  They haven't had more than a 3 point lead at half since CMU 7 games ago on January 25th when they led by 7.   

Edited by clarkwgriswold

20 minutes ago, 1981 grad said:

Crappy night, crappy team, Thursday game = crappy attendance.  I will be surprised if the jar is half full.  Does anybody think the students will come back in force after the last 2 games?

they deserve an empty arena after losing to a team with one-single Mac win

7 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Ali has under performed the past few games and probably just played his worst ever as a Zip, but I'm not sure benching your leading scorer for that is the best move. Unless he isn't starting for another reason (in the dog house).

1 for 10 with an unnecessary technical foul may have been the cause.