Class of 2024 offers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I know the transfer portal will be part of this, but 2024 will be one of the most important recruiting classes in the history of the program. 

5 open scholarships + any additional departures. The health of the program going forward depends on the 2023-24 season results & 2024 recruiting class. 

OU and Buffalo are the cautionary tales. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Pretty popular name in MAC circles as his dad (Miami) and brother (Penn State/Ohio State) were pretty celebrated prep players ... guessing Zips see an under-valued recruit much like Ali Ali before him. Hard to think he didn't have anything to offer Cincinnati-Xavier-Miami-Dayton-Northern Kentucky somewhere along the line in his recruiting. But Zips have done well with these types of players in the past.

• Like 1

I agree w/ @Let'sGoZips94 & @RoyalBlu.  It looks like the Zips are hoping he's a developing diamond in the rough. I agree w/ @Let'sGoZips94 that he looks taller/longer than 6'5.  One website listed him as a PG, but who knows how accurate that is. 

Though in today's TP era I don't get as excited about high school players who may need 3 years to develop into a contributor, he definitely looks athletic & seems like a nice young man who will fit in with the culture of our program.  

I'm still crossing my fingers for Sharron Young.