MAC Tourney Bracket

NWAkron

Here's the tourney simulator.  

http://bball.notnothing.net/bracket.php?conf=macm

Frankly, doesn't matter to me who plays whom in what round.  Trivia:  in 2021, Ohio (at #5 took out #4 Kent State, #1 Toledo, and #2 Buffalo.  In 2022, Akron did the same in reverse:  Akron as #4 took out Buffalo, Toledo #1, and Kent #2.

This is what I came up with.

bracket_image2.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

The way things shook out last year it felt like we had to run the toughest possible gauntlet. This year the MAC is deeper with parity so I don't think it really matters where we end up; it's going to be a tough 3 rounds any way the cards fall.

Getting Balls in the semis would be my ideal spot

• Like 1

Zips have run the gauntlet before.  They can again.  That will all lead to a Saturday night match up with the DeKalb Huskies!

Basically, Zips need to win at home and beat either Kent or Toledo to secure the 3rd seed OR hope for some help from the others.

The Kittens must be licking their paws now that they are seemingly on their way to Cleveland.

Ball State and Akron have the toughest schedules down the stretch.  Would Ball State/NIU be the night game?  Code Red dancing for an empty Arena.

52 minutes ago, ZippyRulz said:

Can someone remind me : are tourney tickets sold per day or per game?

IIRC, you used to have to purchase two tickets on Thursday - one which was good for the 2 early session games, and another which was good for the 2 evening session games. Then Friday has always been one ticket for both games, and Saturday is obviously one ticket.  

But Thursdays are organized a bit differently now so you may want to look into that.

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

IIRC, you used to have to purchase two tickets on Thursday - one which was good for the 2 early session games, and another which was good for the 2 evening session games. Then Friday has always been one ticket for both games, and Saturday is obviously one ticket.  

But Thursdays are organized a bit differently now so you may want to look into that.

Last year, one ticket got you four games on Thursday.  It appears to be setup the same way with only 30 minutes between games.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

Does anyone here actually stick around if the unthinkable happens?

I haven't missed a men's MAC tournament game that is open to the public since the 2010 quarterfinals. Didn't get to see the Steve McNees game live. I remember listening to Groce pound Kent on the radio later that night. Been to every MAC tournament game I'm allowed to since then. 2021 QF weren't open to the public for some reason, that's it. My favorite week of the year.

Sticking around after the 82-46 behind-whooping at the hands of Buffalo was well worth it to see CMU run Kent off the floor in 2019, for example. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, LoyalZIP said:

I haven't missed a men's MAC tournament game that is open to the public since the 2010 quarterfinals. Didn't get to see the Steve McNees game live. I remember listening to Groce pound Kent on the radio later that night. Been to every MAC tournament game I'm allowed to since then. 2021 QF weren't open to the public for some reason, that's it. My favorite week of the year.

Sticking around after the 82-46 behind-whooping at the hands of Buffalo was well worth it to see CMU run Kent off the floor in 2019, for example. 

God love ya.

If Akron beats Ball State, Ball State beats Toledo at home, and Kent beats Ohio and Akron at home, Kent has the #1 seed.  Toledo and Akron would be 2 and 3 setting up a possible rematch of last year's semis.

Western Michigan has two home games and if they win both and Eastern loses one of their away games, Western can sneak in as the 8th seed.  Western has the easiest two games this week.

If Miami wins both of their away games (one at Buffalo and other at Western) they can get a 7th seed and drop Buffalo to 8.

There's even a scenario in which Central and Miami are in and Buffalo is out.  Another that has Eastern and Central in and Buffalo and Miami out.

And that's not the end of the possibilities.

• Haha 1