Zips MAC Tournament- 2023

11 hours ago, GJGood said:

I hate that too but it’s not like the MAC hasn’t had an at large worthy team for that entire time frame. I can remember a handful of times that the MAC regular season champ was thought of as likely being in even if they lost in Cleveland but every time a team like that existed that team went ahead and cut down the nets in Cleveland anyway.
That said I understand it’s difficult for the MAC to get multiple NCAA bids but there should be more teams from the MAC in the postseason somewhere. The MAC is not a top conference nationally but it is better than half the  conferences out there and always with a good deal of parity at the top.

Both of those teams should get in period. There have been plenty of teams the past 20 years that should have been at large bids. 

Screenshot 2023-03-11 at 11.52.44 AM.png

Edited by dre22era
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, GP1 said:

What do you mean by "accountable"?  The word wildly misused these days.

For example, asking the coach why his best player played terrible isn't holding him accountable. It's asking him to analyze the play of one of his players. Asking the player why he played badly is actually what it means to be held accountable. 

Holding coaches accountable is targeting questions after a loss towards strategy and tactics. Why did you do X or Y coach?

In the case of holding coaches accountable for a single players performance, it might sound like this in last night's case. "Coach, is there anything you could have done differently that would have helped your best player make some of the wide open shots he missed?"

I'd like to take this opportunity on this prestigious forum to ask all Americans to begin to use the words accountable and accountability correctly. The English language is great. We should use the words properly. 

So did you see Groce make any 2nd half adjustments?

I sure as hell didn't 

He flat out got out coached. It happens. 

2 straight games against Kent = Same results. 

Accountability matters 

Just now, dre22era said:

I sure as hell didn't 

Accountability matters 

Defense adjusted to shut down that quick reverse Kent had going early to get the easy 3 looks. Too many turnovers sunk us last night 

• Like 1

Just now, dre22era said:

Both of those teams should get in period. There have been plenty of teams the past 20 years that should have been at large bids. 

Screenshot 2023-03-11 at 11.52.44 AM.png

I do not disagree. They should be in over any ACC or PAC-12 .500 in conference team... 

I also think the MAC is strong enough year in and year out that the should be represented in the NIT most years too, although when they get in that tournament they are always vastly underseeded.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GJGood said:

I do not disagree. They should be in over any ACC or PAC-12 .500 in conference team... 

I also think the MAC is strong enough year in and year out that the should be represented in the NIT most years too, although when they get in that tournament they are always vastly underseeded.

Out of likes.  Agree with everything you said, especially what I highlighted.

• Like 1

The seeding don't bother me much because there are other conferences that are far worst in regards to getting screwed over like for example the SWAC and MEAC. Kinda ironic they always send the SWAC and MEAC champions to Dayton for the play in games And they just so happen to be HBCU conferences. Coincidence huh. 

No conference champions should be in play in games. 

2 hours ago, dre22era said:

I sure as hell didn't 

Accountability matters 

I don't understand what you mean by accountability. Largely I understand how you may not understand the word because it's so improperly used these days. 

Are you saying you want him to explain his halftime adjustments because you weren't capable of understanding them?  Or, are you saying you want him punished for losing and are misusing the word accountability instead of just calling for punishment? This is y2023 usage of the word. 

Just now, GP1 said:

I don't understand what you mean by accountability. Largely I understand how you may not understand the word because it's so improperly used these days. 

Are you saying you want him to explain his halftime adjustments because you weren't capable of understanding them?  Or, are you saying you want him punished for losing and are misusing the word accountability instead of just calling for punishment? This is y2023 usage of the word. 

Save yourself some brain cells and block Dre.  He's only here to disrupt from a recliner in his mom's basement 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GP1 said:

I'm too interested in seeing if people understand the word. 

You said coach didn't have enough horses in the stable basically giving him an excuse for this lost when he in fact flat out got out coached not once but twice in back to back meetings against Kent. 

14 hours ago, GP1 said:

Yes, but not in the way you might think. It's poo in the way that sports fans use statistics to make meaningless points. Facts aren't reasons. 

Each game unfolds differently. Different strategies are deployed resulting in different outcomes across the board, including point totals. 

Sad to say, but MAC Tournament game last year was an outlier. Great win for the Zips to be sure, and great gameplan, too, but Kent not having Jacobs for the first half really helped that gameplan, and sent Carry into a game-long funk. Akron home win this year was stellar as well. But the last two games Kent was clearly the better team, and I actually think Akron matched up better last year (w/Ali) ... but still lost two close ones.

Tough to swallow ... but it is what it is.

• Thumbs down 1

Just now, RoyalBlu said:

Sad to say, but MAC Tournament game last year was an outlier. Great win for the Zips to be sure, and great gameplan, too, but Kent not having Jacobs for the first half really helped that gameplan, and sent Carry into a game-long funk. Akron home win this year was stellar as well. But the last two games Kent was clearly the better team, and I actually think Akron matched up better last year (w/Ali) ... but still lost two close ones.

That is total B.S. about last year.  Not sure why you would even write that or try and denigrate what they did...especially a year later.  Akron was playing exceptionally at that moment.  If anything Kent took this year's run out of Akrons playbook...defense.  

41 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

That is total B.S. about last year.  Not sure why you would even write that or try and denigrate what they did...especially a year later.  Akron was playing exceptionally at that moment.  If anything Kent took this year's run out of Akrons playbook...defense.  

Sorry ... did not mean to denigrate? After two close losses  last year Akron most likely wins no matter what. Third game theory. Just trying to say that gameplan and that defense was the difference ... and made stronger w/o Jacobs, who to me is the key to Kent, not Carry.

IMO.

7 hours ago, dre22era said:

You said coach didn't have enough horses in the stable basically giving him an excuse for this lost when he in fact flat out got out coached not once but twice in back to back meetings against Kent. 

I didn't say that. 

1 hour ago, NWAkron said:

True true. After Groce dismissed Bryan Trimble from the team Akron was a buzzsaw. I've never really seen such night-and-day addition by subtraction play out in real time.  Still makes me a little sick both Ali Ali & Bandaogo transferred away from that terrific, young team. 🤢

1 hour ago, RoyalBlu said:

They were clearly the better team in the game at their place...that went to OT?