Game 4 - @ Indiana

LoyalZIP

18 minutes ago, Ham said:

UA. 24

IU. 17

I think most hoped for a 2/2 start; this is our chance.  The Hooshers generated a lot of offense without putting up points.  That will continue this week.  We will continue to show the need for much improvement, but do enough to fly the flag.

I hope you're right. If the offense can get clicking and we stay relatively healthy as a team, this is a solid team. JoeMo is a well-regarded offensive minded coach, so you'd hope he figures out the right personnel and scheming to fit the right personnel out sooner rather than later.

• Like 3

Since 2006 (except for the 2020 season), a MAC team has beaten a Big Ten team every year. Barring a matchup in a bowl game this year, Akron is the MAC's last shot for the regular season in 2023. I haven't had a ton of time to look into Indiana, but I do know that they are in a similar spot to Akron. Offensive potential, decent defense, lackluster results so far. Odds are, Indiana will find a way to win this game by a couple of scores. But, if Joe & Co. sprinkled some magic dust over this past week and fixed the offense, the Hoosiers may be on upset alert.

Indiana is wearing fancy special black uniforms, Tom Allen is on the hot seat, they're expecting to coast in prime time. What better time to pick up the next signature Moorhead win? It would be so sweet, especially going into a pair of winnable home MAC games.

But, let's start with finding the end zone on offense and getting off the field quickly on defense. Let's Go Zips!

• Like 4

If... IF... IIIIIIIIIIIIFFFFFFFFFFFFFF... Akron magically finds an offense that can consistently move the ball, Akron wins this game. The defense is good enough - in fact the defense is probably one of the best defenses in the MAC, maybe just behind Ohio - to win any game they play. They need complementary football to get over the hump and into the Win column. 

With the epicenter of the college football world being in South Bend this weekend, just a few hours north of Bloomington and Touchdown Jesus overlooking in the background, it feels appropriate for a Ricky Bobby prayer...

Dear Baby Football Jesus, in your golden, fleece diapers. Please use your baby football Jesus powers to bless Akron with a miraculous offense. One with competent QB play and an abundance of touches for the running backs. We can only hope that with these miracles, Akron can pull off the upset and extend the streak of the MAC being the Big Ten's kryptonite. Woo! WOO! Owww!

Competent offense: 31-20 Akron

Status quo offense: 27-10 IU

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Dear Baby Football Jesus, in your golden, fleece diapers. Please use your baby football Jesus powers to bless Akron with a miraculous offense. One with competent QB play and an abundance of touches for the running backs. We can only hope that with these miracles, Akron can pull off the upset and extend the streak of the MAC being the Big Ten's kryptonite. Woo! WOO! Owww!

Amen!😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, LoyalZIP said:

Since 2006 (except for the 2020 season), a MAC team has beaten a Big Ten team every year. Barring a matchup in a bowl game this year, Akron is the MAC's last shot for the regular season in 2023. I haven't had a ton of time to look into Indiana, but I do know that they are in a similar spot to Akron. Offensive potential, decent defense, lackluster results so far. Odds are, Indiana will find a way to win this game by a couple of scores. But, if Joe & Co. sprinkled some magic dust over this past week and fixed the offense, the Hoosiers may be on upset alert.

Indiana is wearing fancy special black uniforms, Tom Allen is on the hot seat, they're expecting to coast in prime time. What better time to pick up the next signature Moorhead win? It would be so sweet, especially going into a pair of winnable home MAC games.

But, let's start with finding the end zone on offense and getting off the field quickly on defense. Let's Go Zips!

I must have missed the first signature win!

was that St. Francis or NIU??

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dirtyolcrowe said:

Or Morgan St

Since we just remove games from athlete's careers, lets follow suit..  @Captain Kangaroo

DJ Irons:

Passing: 378-571 (66.2%), 3,889 yds., 20 TDs, 12 INTs, 80 Sacks

Rushing: 251 carries for 607 yards, 2.4 avg., 6 TDs

Now, if you remove the FCS games ~ as others call a statistical anomaly ~ 

Morgan State ('23): 7-9, 57 yards, 6 carries for -26 yds 

Saint Francis ('22): 22-37, 286, 2 TDs, 12 carries for 14 yds

Bryant ('21): 19-23, 296, 3 TDs, 15 carries for 136 yds and TD

330-502 (65.7%), 3,250 yards, 15 TDs, 12 INTs

218 carries for 483 yards (2.2 per carry), 5 TDs

What has DJI proven? That he's athletic enough to scramble? Still waiting on an FBS win.. 

Edited by CincyZip86

17 hours ago, catdaddyp said:

few columns and views from the Indiana sid

Interesting to read; however I think they were just looking at the stats.  Aside of 2 long TD's(one of which was redicules), our D did pretty well at UK.  I have not looked at any film; it just seemed to me that UK got most of their pressure with stunts.  One more week together could make a big difference there.   The QB doesn't need 5 seconds to get the ball down field, he needs to get a better read before the snap to look for his best target.  I can even put up with some thows behind the line of scrimage if they get the ball in front of the reciever; so he is headed down field ATC.  I know it won't be easy, but our leaders (players and coaches) need to get everyone to play expecting to win rather than playing not to loose.  That doesn't mean pulling out all the tricks from the back of the play book.  Just dig deep, and play within yourself.  I know that an Akron W will be an upset, but I'm tuning in tonight expecting to fly the flag.

Another game day, another day to drink haha. I just hope we show up with some kind of energy about us. Indiana is not unbeatable and I think we can hang with them defensively, just not sure about our QB play. We shall see.

Oh and first time poster here, Browns fan haha, and a Tar Heels basketball fan also. Got a Master's degree from Akron back in 2018 and been a fan since.🙂

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Crocodile Dundee said:

Another game day, another day to drink haha. I just hope we show up with some kind of energy about us. Indiana is not unbeatable and I think we can hang with them defensively, just not sure about our QB play. We shall see.

Oh and first time poster here, Browns fan haha, and a Tar Heels basketball fan also. Got a Master's degree from Akron back in 2018 and been a fan since.🙂

Welcome to the board! Go Zips & Go Browns! 

Welcome!! Happy to have you here!

Welcome. Go Zips!

Yardwork done. Couch, meet my ass. Ass, meet the couch. Time to settle in for the rest of the day. What a slate we have that leads up to the game of the night - Akron vs Indiana. 

For some reason, I have growing optimism. Maybe it's because I'm watching some decent offenses and thinking Akron's offense can't be putrid 4 weeks in a row. Maybe it's the vitamin D. Who knows, but LET'S GO ZIPS!

• Like 2