Game 4 - @ Indiana

LoyalZIP

5 minutes ago, GoZips86 said:

- Stop getting stupid penalties

Has this really been that big of an issue? I posted in the other thread that crap like this seems to be amplified by the offensive struggles. Maybe I'm so focused on our offense being "cheeks" (shaht aht Pat McAfee Show) I'm missing a penalty issue. 

I will add one more thing.

- Golden not on PR/KR

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Has this really been that big of an issue? I posted in the other thread that crap like this seems to be amplified by the offensive struggles. Maybe I'm so focused on our offense being "cheeks" (shaht aht Pat McAfee Show) I'm missing a penalty issue. 

I will add one more thing.

- Golden not on PR/KR

We rank 102/130 in penalty yards per game. Meaning only 28 teams have more yards per game given up for penalties than we do.

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/698/p3

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

Going strictly off memory, I think we’ve made one fg over 40 yards since the day Arth began his tenure, through today?

All that come to mind are the Smigel shoulda-been-game-winner at WMU and apparently Perez’ career long is 42 but I don’t recall when that was. That is it. 

47 minutes ago, MDZip said:

No more huge plays after the defense has put themselves an excellent position to get off the field. You know like no more third and 25s and touchdowns get scored on those plays. 

*Unless they've been on the field for 90% of the time because our offense has a gazillion 3 and outs and turnovers. 

• Like 1

This game is actually winnable. I thought KY could have been, but even before season started I had this one circled as a possible win. I mean, everything has to go right for Akron, dont get me wrong, and the offense and defense need to step up. Indiana is in the Big 10, but they aren't an Ohio State or Michigan after all. A win this weekend...just imagine how awesome!

6 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

I'm feeling pretty discouraged. We don't have a QB & can't drive the football. We & the Browns look to be in identical situations - other than QB play we've got a great team. Unfortunately, QB is the most important single position in all of sports.

I think DJ has been disappointing so far this season as well, but Joe seems to be pinning a lot of the offensive limitations on the OL.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2023 at 12:42 PM, Let'sGoZips94 said:

I don't care if we lose this game, but I need to see 2 things.

- Middle of the field passes

- More touches for our RBs

How about some touchdowns? You know, something to cheer for....

On 9/13/2023 at 10:07 AM, LoyalZIP said:

Kickoff has been announced for 7:30p. on B1G Network

https://x.com/AkronZips/status/1701958991549526380?s=20

I swear, this is fantastic abuse. Games like this should be played at noon so the teams can get in and out quickly, and the fans can go on with their day. If you are going to legally steal from your fans, at least do it in broad daylight. 

3 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

I'm feeling pretty discouraged. We don't have a QB & can't drive the football. We & the Browns look to be in identical situations - other than QB play we've got a great team. Unfortunately, QB is the most important single position in all of sports.

Much like the Browns, the Zips have play-calling issues as well where they're seemingly allergic to the middle of the field.

3 hours ago, LZIp said:

I think DJ has been disappointing so far this season as well, but Joe seems to be pinning a lot of the offensive limitations on the OL.

I think the OL has the 2nd most room for growth behind the QB, so maybe it's just Joe trying to get some of the negative focus away from the QB position. Play-calling improvements could really help both positions. 

3 hours ago, GP1 said:

How about some touchdowns? You know, something to cheer for....

I figured it was a pretty simple, implied equation...

Attacking the middle of the field + more RB touches = Touchdowns

3 hours ago, GP1 said:

I swear, this is fantastic abuse. Games like this should be played at noon so the teams can get in and out quickly, and the fans can go on with their day. If you are going to legally steal from your fans, at least do it in broad daylight. 

No thanks. Love this game time. The bulk of my day isn't taken up by a potentially ugly & disappointing Akron game, I can sit down after putting my girls to bed and relax with some aggravating Zips football, and if the game gets too bad, I can switch over to Penn State/Iowa & OSUcks/Notre Dame. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

No thanks. Love this game time. The bulk of my day isn't taken up by a potentially ugly & disappointing Akron game, I can sit down after putting my girls to bed and relax with some aggravating Zips football, and if the game gets too bad, I can switch over to Penn State/Iowa & OSUcks/Notre Dame. 

I'd prefer it to be at 7:00 AM so that I have the maximum time available to cool down before I go to bed rather than try to sleep after I am p!$$ed after an embarrassing loss.

• Like 1