2023-2024 Zips Women's Basketball

LoyalZIP

10 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

I watched the 4th Q & OT last night. Exciting game. I believe that's our 5th OT game this season which means we've played more OT games than anyone in the nation. 

The OT was back and forth and could have gone either way.  Nice to see us get the win.

• Like 1

Decent game between two closely matched teams battling to escape last place. Any win on the road is good, though. It's a shame the Zips couldn't have won at home last Saturday against Miami, too. Nice game by Bass playing with foul trouble and Haney bouncing back from Saturday's zero point effort. 

Hopefully they can build on this with a win on Saturday at home against a middling Arkansas State team.

Where was Taponen? I did not see her on the bench.

Edited by ewbrooman1

Another disappointing performance and loss at home. Not sure what the deal was with Bass today. The team is not getting better, in fact they seem to be regressing.  Woods played well and brought a lot of energy. Mobley pulled down 17 rebounds, 10 offensive. I think a number of those were off her own missed shots, but credit for sticking with it.

Today's giveaway was a nice pink and grey jersey to the first "250" fans. I have to question that a bit. Despite an announced attendance of 800+, there couldn't have been more than 300 people there and they ran out 15 minutes before the game started. I counted the fans on the bench side of the court and there were not more than 100. There sure weren't 700 on my side. I counted maybe up to 100 people including dance team and cheerleaders wearing the jerseys. I wonder what happened to the other 100-150, although I did see a few carrying theirs out still in the bag.

Edited by ewbrooman1

Bass is the only consistent player w both scoring & rebs again this season. Agree that today’s showing was out of character for her! Great effort by Woods w 22 pts but for a PG, asst column disappointing. When # of assists for team as a whole is only 12, (by 5 players; 3 bench players had 7 of them), shows too much individual play. Of note, the bench outscored the starters with 41 of zips 67 pts. Too many games lost w same players regularly getting 20,30+mins/pg & not getting the pts needed to get the W. Coach G’s coaching style seems no different than MJ’s on that front.  

With the women preparing to play Buffalo tomorrow, it made me curious to check in again and see how their previous coach Felicia Legette-Jack is doing at Syracuse. The Orange are ranked #19 and 2nd in the ACC, led by former Buffalo players Dyasha Fair and Georgia Wooley. I always liked her sideline demeanor and success on the court. 

Edited by ewbrooman1

On 2/16/2024 at 3:35 PM, ewbrooman1 said:

With the women preparing to play Buffalo tomorrow, it made me curious to check in again and see how their previous coach Felicia Legette-Jack is doing at Syracuse. The Orange are ranked #19 and 2nd in the ACC, led by former Buffalo players Dyasha Fair and Georgia Wooley. I always liked her sideline demeanor and success on the court. 

The Orange wins at Virginia today 85-79, led by Fair with 33 and Wooley with 24. Glad they weren't playing for Buffalo yesterday.

A promotion is worthless if it does not have an obvious message. This one was not obvious. Do they really think that a pseudo connection to all the Swifties on campus will bring people and/or students to the game? We can do better.