Game 10 - Miami Redhawks

ZippyRulz

Line is hovering around 17.5-18. 

Miami is talented, big, strong, physical, and very well rested. This is one of the toughest opponents on the schedule, even without Gabbert. They went into Athens a week and a half ago and just bullied the Bobcats off the field, scoring 30 unanswered points at one point.

It would have been cool to play a much more beatable opponent after last week, but beggars can't be choosers. Akron can still pick up a win, maybe two, to close out the year, but I wouldn't expect it to come tomorrow night. With that said, it would be great to see them ride the wave a little bit and make things competitive. I've thought all year that one win would catapult the team forward. Well, I didn't think it would take almost two months to get that win. Indiana, Buffalo, CMU, etc. etc. Last year, we saw very strong efforts the last three games of the season that gave us hope for this year. I'm going to try to not let these last few weeks of results give me hope either way for next year as I've learned my lesson, but wouldn't it be nice to see these guys make the most out of their last few weeks together? It's a shame they aren't playing for a bowl. No fault of anyone but themselves, I just miss playing "meaningful" November games that have stakes for us, as opposed to just playing spoiler. 

Go Zips

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, GoZips86 said:

Miami wins. JU does not copy his performance from last week sadly imo. 

Jeff may have taken a step up last week but I don't see how MU doesn't score a bunch of points on us unless they get really sloppy. I just doubt we can keep up with them.

Edited by ZippyRulz
  • Like 1

On 11/7/2023 at 9:37 AM, LoyalZIP said:

Line is hovering around 17.5-18. 

Miami is talented, big, strong, physical, and very well rested. This is one of the toughest opponents on the schedule, even without Gabbert. They went into Athens a week and a half ago and just bullied the Bobcats off the field, scoring 30 unanswered points at one point.

It would have been cool to play a much more beatable opponent after last week, but beggars can't be choosers. Akron can still pick up a win, maybe two, to close out the year, but I wouldn't expect it to come tomorrow night. With that said, it would be great to see them ride the wave a little bit and make things competitive. I've thought all year that one win would catapult the team forward. Well, I didn't think it would take almost two months to get that win. Indiana, Buffalo, CMU, etc. etc. Last year, we saw very strong efforts the last three games of the season that gave us hope for this year. I'm going to try to not let these last few weeks of results give me hope either way for next year as I've learned my lesson, but wouldn't it be nice to see these guys make the most out of their last few weeks together? It's a shame they aren't playing for a bowl. No fault of anyone but themselves, I just miss playing "meaningful" November games that have stakes for us, as opposed to just playing spoiler. 

Go Zips

Don't see how Akron competes with Miami. I am hoping for 1 more win this season. Want to see Moorehead continue to alter his play calling to take some heat off Undercuffler and let him try to do something like what he did against KSU, manage a game. Moorehead has to try to keep his offense on the field longer. That means stay with Lingard et al even if it isn't producing much early. If Moorehead reverts, the D will be gassed and the game out of hand. Lets see if the coaches have learned anything

Certainly not what we were hoping for. At least the D made sisgnificant improvement.

• Like 1

Sure wish ESPN had decided to televise last weeks game instead of this one.

Against Morgan State the defense held onto the lead for the last 26 seconds of the game.

Against Kent State the defense held onto the lead for the last 52 seconds of the game.

Tonight's contest  may require the Zips defense to hold the lead for over two minutes.

Go Zips.

• Like 1