Games 4, 5 & 6- Cayman Islands Classic Basketball Tournament

clarkwgriswold

57 minutes ago, Illini Zip said:

There is nothing we can do about it, but I have to wonder how Ali’s presence would have affected these games.

Good points. To answer my own question, Groce said he has the luxury of having 8 starters with 3 coming off the bench. On any given night each of these guys could get hot and help carry the team. Ali would make that 9 starters, better odds. Could you see Ali playing starters minutes, but coming in with the second wave off the bench?

14 minutes ago, Illini Zip said:

Good points. To answer my own question, Groce said he has the luxury of having 8 starters with 3 coming off the bench. On any given night each of these guys could get hot and help carry the team. Ali would make that 9 starters, better odds. Could you see Ali playing starters minutes, but coming in with the second wave off the bench?

Imagine a second wave that would include Ali, Thornton, Scott and Dawson.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, zipsrule said:

Stephen F. Austin takes down Drake 92-68.

Wow.  Completely shocked by that score.  Drake was ranked as the top team in the MVC preseason poll and DeVries was the preseason POY.  I really saw them as the favorite in the tourney.  Looks like they relatively shut down DeVries and held their 6'10" big man to 9 points and 6 boards.  The field goal percentage tells the story- SAF- 63%; Drake- 38.9%. 

42 minutes ago, zvillezip said:

I love how the NCAA finds "new information" relevant to their investigation right at the point they're "In the face of pending litigation set to be filed Monday afternoon"  after having the case for months and denying the appeal twice.