2023/24 Portal Page

MangoZip

8 minutes ago, ZippyRulz said:

Looks like he deserved to get on the field.

These are highlights for a reason. They're not going to share any bad film when trying to find a new home. But my frustration continually grows with this staff for sticking with Undercuffler and Tahj. Casual football fans could tell you those two just don't have it. Dijon's mechanics look horrid, but so did Lamar Jackson's at Louisville. Playmakers come in all shapes, sizes, and mechanics. He throws a nice ball. Hope he finds what he's looking for. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kangaroo Craig said:

I fear that the two disastrous seasons under Moorhead are going to lead to the handful of good players left leaving for greener pastures. Who wants to come here?

Every team will lose at least a few players they don’t want to lose. That’s just the nature of the portal. Recruiting has not been an issue with this staff. Keep in mind they’ve only had one full offseason of recruiting. The first year was a crash course to make up ground and find quality HS prospects that were not already committed. The portal brought in a few guys from that class that have gone on to make All-MAC (SJL, Adams, Whigan, George, Martin). QB recruiting has been the biggest bugaboo so far. I say that and there’s always the chance Wasel, Bullock, or whoever is brought in this year will prove that statement wrong.

• Like 3

On 12/2/2023 at 8:22 AM, catdaddyp said:

Every team will lose at least a few players they don’t want to lose. That’s just the nature of the portal. Recruiting has not been an issue with this staff. Keep in mind they’ve only had one full offseason of recruiting. The first year was a crash course to make up ground and find quality HS prospects that were not already committed. The portal brought in a few guys from that class that have gone on to make All-MAC (SJL, Adams, Whigan, George, Martin). QB recruiting has been the biggest bugaboo so far. I say that and there’s always the chance Wasel, Bullock, or whoever is brought in this year will prove that statement wrong.

and offensive line

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

QB Ryan Jankowski has entered the TP.

at minimum 3, up to 4 new QBs coming with this, with high likelihood of of only one of them being a HS commit. Sure hope the staff can find or develop a suitable option for next season with the 2 we currently have in the room + 2-3 transfers.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, GP1 said:

There is an available QB right now who went 11-1 with the only loss being to the #1 team on the road by less than 7 points. People say he stinks. I say guys like this don't grow on trees. 

I also say he's way above our pay scale.

Edited by LZIp
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, GP1 said:

There is an available QB right now who went 11-1 with the only loss being to the #1 team on the road by less than 7 points. People say he stinks. I say guys like this don't grow on trees. 

We don't have Marvin Harrison Jr. to bail him out. 

I've never seen a top ten team's QB run out of town faster. 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94

12 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Nice trend this portal period so far. Guys I've never heard of/who are buried on the depth chart are leaving. 

Yep (knock on wood). Three most impactful would be Nate Williams, Tyson Durant, and Jaharon Griffin. Williams and Durant were starters, but should be replaceable by guys on the roster already or transfer portal. Griffin has some potential, but would've been buried on the depth chart still next year. All others fit the mold of walk on, or player with multiple years of college experience who have showed nothing to date.

24 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Yep (knock on wood). Three most impactful would be Nate Williams, Tyson Durant, and Jaharon Griffin. Williams and Durant were starters, but should be replaceable by guys on the roster already or transfer portal. Griffin has some potential, but would've been buried on the depth chart still next year. All others fit the mold of walk on, or player with multiple years of college experience who have showed nothing to date.

If you have shown nothing on a 2 win team, what does that say about your talent level at division one.  The students that are transferring have a tough sell unless they move down from a division one school.

• Like 1