Spring Ball 2024

13 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

He'll be glad to see you there supporting him regardless. You sound like a good father. He's a lucky kid (he'll realize that in his mid-40's 😂)

lolololololollolololololololololololololllololololol

That was too funny, he knows how i roll im at everything he has, i have credit with him if i don't come TRUST me. I just wanted to come but for this no way!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taylormade28 said:

lolololololollolololololololololololololllololololol

That was too funny, he knows how i roll im at everything he has, i have credit with him if i don't come TRUST me. I just wanted to come but for this no way!

Ok please explain. It is live football, they will be going full go, blocking, tackling, scoring, etc. It’s live action they just won’t be using some stupid, hard to understand scoring system that many teams use. Are you that concerned that you want to see the blue team win? White team? So many teams do it this way these days. Do what you gotta do but I just don’t get your logic? 

17 minutes ago, MangoZip said:

Ok please explain. It is live football, they will be going full go, blocking, tackling, scoring, etc. It’s live action they just won’t be using some stupid, hard to understand scoring system that many teams use. Are you that concerned that you want to see the blue team win? White team? So many teams do it this way these days. Do what you gotta do but I just don’t get your logic? 

it's a practice, he doesn't go to the rest of the practices.. let him parent how he wants lol

1 hour ago, zippy5 said:

it's a practice, he doesn't go to the rest of the practices.. let him parent how he wants lol

Uhh, guess what, a “ traditional” spring game is also practice. I’ve never seen the results of those show up in the standings. And by the way, I am letting him parent how he wants, I’m just asking a question. So it’s not ok to ask him to explain his thinking?? Wtf 

4 hours ago, MangoZip said:

I don't have to explain to you why i don't want to go i already explained this, it's gonna be less than i thought it would be what is it to  you?  I wanna watch FOOTBALL not a practice i don't care about what other schools are doing i care to what my son school is doing. I stay in Miami if i feel these changes change my mind on spending money to see something i don't want to see i won't come its that simple,  We aren't the same i'm use to see a certain type of football you're not.  I don't want to pay to travel to watch my son practice i've watched him practice his whole life

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, taylormade28 said:

I don't have to explain to you why i don't want to go i already explained this, it's gonna be less than i thought it would be what is it to  you?  I wanna watch FOOTBALL not a practice i don't care about what other schools are doing i care to what my son school is doing. I stay in Miami if i feel these changes change my mind on spending money to see something i don't want to see i won't come its that simple,  We aren't the same i'm use to see a certain type of football you're not.  I don't want to pay to travel to watch my son practice i've watched him practice his whole life

lol, well it is a chat/message board, that’s kinda what we do here…discuss things. I don’t care what you do and I’m not judging what kind of parent you are or aren’t. My point is that what they are doing isn’t that different than a traditional spring game and I was curious why you are so adamant about not going. It has nothing to do with you being a parent or not, it’s a general question for anyone so upset about the format. Seems like a non issue to me. And by the way, what type of football are you used to seeing that I’m not?? 

On 4/13/2024 at 9:38 PM, Captain Kangaroo said:

Yes. Busy day afterwards so I will post some pictures and thoughts tomorrow morning.

My big takeaway of the day was - Finley is accurate. Short and long throws, in traffic, he hits his target. 

will this game be on tv?

• Haha 1

I was there for about an hour.  Some quick impressions:

*  As someone mentioned before, Finely is more mobile than I expected.  In very simple terms, he runs the ball better than Bullock passes it, so he appears to be the more complete QB.

*  The offensive line  needs work.

*  The Roggow kid, the freshman QB, was surprisingly composed and effective.

*  A missed 22 yard field goal?  Yikes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My takeaways (and I’ll add that in my opinion it’s hard to take much from this with so many players rotating in and out):

-seems like starting OL was James, Lyons, Williams, Davis, and Blanchard. Did not notice Shor in, but may have missed it. Same with Seymore.

- like others have said, Finley seems like he’ll be the starter. Didn’t see anything in terms of bad decisions, and seemed to throw a good, accurate ball. Doesn’t look like Bullock has improved a whole lot.

- I see Simmons and Kellom getting bulk of the carries with Williams a more distant #3.

-saw some young guys looking like they’re more ready to contribute this year. James as mentioned, also Catrell White and Jean Louis look like they can play. Laing-Taylor had a nice int as others have said and I thought he had a nice hit on Paul Davis as well.

- players I noticed not dressed included Phaizon Wilson, Alex Adams, Jarvis Rush, Iesa Jarmon, Kabbash Richards

looking forward to reading other takeaways.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Glad to hear the turnout was good. The University lacks effective marketing at times but a good spring game turnout shows there's some community excitement for the program. 

I didn't attend so I'll only be adding some random thoughts. 

- Would be cool if the University live streamed the game on GoZips.com or YouTube. Just set up some cameras, have a student run the switch (or even just have one camera with no angle changes), and let fans who couldn't attend view it. 

- WVU had Pat White & Pat McAfee coach their spring game. I wonder if we could get Hixon and Blackburn or some other OG Brookhart guys to come back and participate next year. 

- Can we move Bullock to TE?

• Like 1