Game 9- Ball State

clarkwgriswold

18 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Are you ready for some (Tuesday night) football?  The Cardinals come to Akron on Tuesday November 2nd to face the Zips.  The Cardinals come in at 4-4.

The Zips are, ya know, looking forward to the challenge.

Ya know we will get our a** kicked, ya know, no matter how much coach speak, ya know, we suck but we will get right back to work and ya know try harder next week

Tired of it, ya know

Edited by 94zipgrad

1 hour ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Are you ready for some (Tuesday night) football?  The Cardinals come to Akron on Tuesday November 2nd to face the Zips.  The Cardinals come in at 4-4.

The Zips are, ya know, looking forward to the challenge.

Gawd, you mean there's another game? 😖

Edited by ewbrooman1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

<750 if the weather is bad.

PS- I only post these game threads because no one else does.

I know you know that you really post these game threads to you know eek more predictions out of the Meister.

So here you know you go.

Zips by 14.

Akron sets new team record for longest field goal you know made.

Football Grandma you know rushes the field and cold cocks a ref for a bad call against the Zips (Arth you know immediately offers her a scholarship).

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Yes, another "opportunity."  

So exciting.

Again, every picture tells a story. Whoever is in charge of the Twitter account needs to figure out a better way to announce the next game than with pictures like that, although I realize they have little to work with.

• Sad 1

This has the added bonus of being the CBS SN game, so I won't feel the pressure to have it on the TV in the background.

I feel bad for the kids under this staff just as I did under Ianello.  Must be hard going into every game knowing you have zero chance to win, unless you play the perfect game.  Do we have a chance to win any more games this year?  Maybe a fluky 'they should've never won it' in a rivalry game with Kent?  Seems like it would take a miracle at this point.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Zipmeister said:

I know you know that you really post these game threads to you know eek more predictions out of the Meister.

So here you know you go.

Zips by 14.

Akron sets new team record for longest field goal you know made.

Football Grandma you know rushes the field and cold cocks a ref for a bad call against the Zips (Arth you know immediately offers her a scholarship).

Football Grandma = Grandma Hipsher?

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

Irons & Norrils.

Our OL play almost makes the QB question irrelevant. Charlie Frye, Butchie Washington or Luke Getsy would have been in the transfer portal by week two if they were playing behind this crew. But if I were to play along...

Irons had two fumbles that were recovered by Buffalo inside the Zips 10 yard line, and fumbled another out of the endzone. That's terrible. Kato's ball security is equally as suspect when he's deep in his own territory.

Gibson beat BG, and moved the ball well against Miami. At Miami, the bungling and penalties that constantly killed Zips drives weren't his fault.

No one can debate that Irons is a better, more elusive runner than Gibson. But you can debate that Irons' "lows" are much deeper that Gibson's.  And their "highs" aren't all that different. Give me a QB that knows the importance of ball security.

I don't think that Irons did anything to put a lock on the QB position. Personally, I'd start Gibson. He's proven to be solid, and he only got pulled last week because of Arth's feeling that Irons was the better option. Not because he did anything wrong. 

I'd take Norrils at RB. He has some speed, and he's strong enough to break some tackles. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

Our OL play almost makes the QB question irrelevant. Charlie Frye, Butchie Washington or Luke Getsy would have been in the transfer portal by week two if they were playing behind this crew. But if I were to play along...

Irons had two fumbles that were recovered by Buffalo inside the Zips 10 yard line, and fumbled another out of the endzone. That's terrible. Kato's ball security is equally as suspect when he's deep in his own territory.

Gibson beat BG, and moved the ball well against Miami. At Miami, the bungling and penalties that constantly killed Zips drives weren't his fault.

No one can debate that Irons is a better, more elusive runner than Gibson. But you can debate that Irons' "lows" are much deeper that Gibson's.  And their "highs" aren't all that different. Give me a QB that knows the importance of ball security.

I don't think that Irons did anything to put a lock on the QB position. Personally, I'd start Gibson. He's proven to be solid, and he only got pulled last week because of Arth's feeling that Irons was the better option. Not because he did anything wrong. 

I'd take Norrils at RB. He has some speed, and he's strong enough to break some tackles. 

For what its worth, I agree. Gibson is a different type of QB than Irons. Gibson can't run but he is a better QB in that his passing seems more accurate and he certainly 'manages' the game better. I think Gibson has somehow improved since last season.  Its sad when the reason you have to pull your better QB is because the O-line and the rest of the offense is so pathetic.